Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa
$108
$118
$100
$87
Salty Rose's and the Periwinkle Cafe(Ingonish)(Great Value!)
$67
$74
$69
Knotty Pine Cottages(Ingonish)(Great Value!)
$89
Agoda.com
Lantern Hill & Hollow(Ingonish)
$190
$205
1,030 results
All reviewspurple thistlesitting roomatlantic restaurantgolf coursecape bretonthe main dining roomnova scotiacabot trailbreakfast buffetmiddle head trailingonish beachspectacular viewslive musicfish cakeslobsterboth sidesthe main hotel
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I recently stayed six days and night at the spectacular Keltic Lodge (October 4-10(. This has become over the years a destination in itself for me. I am from rural northern Indiana so it is almost a challenge and adventure for me to get out there but after you go through all that and you drive up the magnificent drive to the lodge you forget all about the long journey to get there. This time I stayed in one of the cabins and loved it. To really appreciate this place you need to stay several days or more. The property itself is very impressive but it is the staff who make it special!! All of them really care if you are enjoying your stay. Everyone is so good and kind and they remember your name even from past visits. My last visit was a full three years ago and they treated me like my last visit was yesterday. My room had all new furniture, the bathroom renovated and the wood floors are really impressive. Housekeeping does a top notch job too. I felt very at home and comfortable. Love the big, colorful Adirondack chairs that are all over the property. The breakfast every morning in the Purple Thistle room is about the best you could ask for. Great food and service there and also in the Highland Sitting Room. WIFI is excellent as well. I never had a problem or making or receiving phone calls and I am with Verizon from the US. Thank you Sally in reservations for taking care of me and giving me a great room. Thank you Matthew and your great staff for another memorable and great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank grm1897
NCHR, General Manager at Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

What a review! Thank you for continuing to return to the Keltic Lodge for your Cape Breton vacation; we love having you. It sounds like you had a very relaxing stay while enjoying the views from our Adirondack chairs. We’re delighted to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff, newly renovated guestrooms, delicious dining, and complimentary WI-FI.

I’ll be sure to share your kind comments with our team, especially Sally. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back in the New Year.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed at the Keltic Lodge a couple of weeks before they were going to close for the season...we were referred by friends we met in Cape Breton....it was a great location and the staff and the facility was great....the staff were especially helpful and were more than helpful when asked....great breakfast buffet...almost had to buy new pants...but as luck would have it they had some great walking trails close by.....would stay again..Cheers..Grant and Maria

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Keltic Lodge and for taking the time to share these comments with us. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful location, helpful staff, delicious breakfast buffet, and surrounding walking trails.

We hope your travels bring you back to the Keltic Lodge next season.

See you then,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Keltic lodge has a wonderful Spa. My husband and I have received massages from Jenna. This young gal has magic hands ! My husband and I both have health issues and Jenna listened, understood and we felt wonderful when we left.
There is an indoor whirlpool, steam room and wet sauna for both males and females along with a small gym.
They also have a relaxing spot to sit in front of the fireplace overlooking views of the ocean and mountains. So very relaxing.
There is also a an outdoor hot tub but it was not working when we were there. It is in a spectacular location as it also looks over the ocean with the mountains in the background. I went to look at it and it is old and looks like it should be replaced. The gal on the desk said it was broken for most of the summer.
I would recommend this resort and spa to everyone. It is located on a parcel of land that juts out into the sea with the ocean on both sides of the property. The views are speculate and if you are lucky you will see a magnificent moose hiding behind one of the many wonderful changing colourful trees that are changing the landscape of this beautiful village they call Ingonish :)
Ask for Jenna at the Spa ..and tip her well..she deserves it :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Keltic Lodge. It sounds like you had a relaxing and memorable stay while enjoying our AVEDA spa, ocean views and delicious cuisine. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our team.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We spent two nights at the Keltic Lodge, I was initially concerned because we were unable to obtain a room in the main lodge and had to accept a room in one of the cottages. As it turned out we were very impressed with our room. Very nice appointments, real fire place, nice bath and a general room to use with very comfortable couch and chairs. We enjoyed the evening entertainer Buddy Macdonald and the entire room was involved in many a sing a longs. We took a short hike on one of the trails which was well marked and had rest benches at the look outs well placed. Dinner in the main dinning room was excellent and the breakfast buffet was complete and fresh. Only suggestion would be a coffee and snack table for early departures which the lodge has advised me they will look at for next season. This place is a Canadian gem.

Room Tip: cottages have nice decks to spend the time reading and enjoying the views
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for traveling to the Keltic Lodge and for sharing these wonderful comments with us. We’re ecstatic that you enjoyed our cottage accommodations, local Cape Breton entertainment and surrounding hiking trails.

We hope your travels bring you back to the Keltic Lodge again.

Until next time,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed one night on our trip around the Cabot Trail. The setting is absolutely beautiful. While driving up we sputtered a huge moose on the golf course. The lodge is updated, room was spacious and comfortable. We had breakfast and dinner at the Purple Thistle and both were good but not great. The only downside of the place was the lack of sound proofing in the rooms. We had people near us partying with loud music until 2am and even a call to the front desk did not help. Overall don't miss this place.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Keltic Lodge during your Cabot Trail adventure. We’re happy to read that you enjoyed our beautiful views, dining and surrounding wildlife!

We’re sorry to hear about the noise you experienced during your stay, however happy we were able to rectify this issue while you were still on property. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the Keltic Lodge next season.