“Good quick lunch”
Review of Mr Chicken

Mr Chicken
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Cheticamp
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped for a quick lunch on our way to the park. The single piece of chicken with fries was a good value. The diner gets to choose which piece he/she wants with no difference in price.

There are newer reviews for Mr Chicken

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had chicken fingers, but those were for a picnic lunch. What caused us to stop was the ice cream. And after tasting the Orange Pineapple with pieces of cherry we had to go back a second time for 2 scoops each. Deeeee...licious.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The staff need a real lesson on cleaning hands with soap when coming out from cleaning bathroom. The floors are greasy, and the food is disgusting. The oil they use to cook with is old because everything comes out of fryer looking really dark. It has a nice view of the ocean which is the one positive I can say about the place. The tables and chairs are uncomfortable. Unless it comes with a free defibrillator stay away...

1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have always seen this restaurant, but never stop and we always say next time. My girlfriend and I enjoy road trips so we decided to go and make a special trip for all the things which we always miss along the cabot trail each time we go around.

First on the list was Mr. Chicken, We wanted to go there to ensure we tried what everyone who comes from Cheticamp was raving about. I decided to get the breaded chicken burger and fries. It was good, it was just the right amount of food and didn't make you feel bloated afterwards, I felt it left just enough for the ice cream shop which is there, which I think is a great idea.

My girlfriend had the chicken fingers and I decided to try them, It was really good, and I noticed that the chicken burger was basically cut up chicken breaded and I liked it, but we didn't actually try their chicken, but we will be next time. There was a really nice lady who brought the food over to us and we enjoyed such a rain filled day with crossing something we both wanted to do off our list, and we really liked the view.

I had a sundae from the ice cream shop a dirt and worm one(it's gummy worms with crushed oreo sprinkled on whip cream and ice cream with chocolate syrup) and my girlfriend had a hot fudge sundea. Both were really good and we plan on stopping at the ice cream shop again and stopping here again.

I enjoyed the food, the service was a little less than friendly from the first woman, but the second woman who served us was really great, she was the another worker who was working in the chicken part of the area and waited while the other. I have to say that this was well worth the two hour drive there and back, I enjoyed it and it was really nice and reminded me of why we enjoy little towns such as this.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I decided to stop at Mr. Chicken for lunch last October .It was a windy,rainy day and as I stepped into the restaurant I slipped on the very wet floor. I couldn't believe that they didn't have a mat in front of the door. I hurt my elbow,hip and shoulder and had to be helped up by another customer.One of the employes eventually came over but didn't seem too concerned about my well being. Another employee. Came out later carrying a big piece of cardboard and some scotch tape?? She proceeded to foolishly tape this onto the "wet" floor! I am a 66 year old amateur photographer and now I am restricted in my ability to use my camera. I still have quite abit of pain from this fall and still am going for treatments. After sitting in a chair for a little while, I decided to have lunch,big mistake!! The chicken they served me was burnt looking and burnt tasting,I could not eat it at all and I was starving!!! I. owned a restaurant for over 30 years and knew exactly what the problem was , they were cooking their product in old oil, it was terrible,and to add insult to injury , they charged me the full price for the meal that I couldn't even eat. I often wonder if they ever went out and purchased a mat for in front of their door . It was a horrible experience from the moment I stepped into their building, I most definitely would never go back their again.

1  Thank Janet Q