“Great place to stop and eat. Love the pizza”

Wabo's Pizza Sub and Donair
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Cheticamp
Cuisines: Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Sydney Mines, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Great place to stop and eat. Love the pizza”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Hello,

We have been through the town of Cheticamp more times than either my girlfriend or I can count . While we are not from the area, we've always tried to find something to eat but not hinder our day and take a few hours away from our trips around the island, most of the time we will stop at Tim Horton's down the road and get a bagel and continue on the way.

We had just finished a trip to pleasant bay for a nice whale watching tour with Capt. Mark's. We did not want to eat before going on a boat, we figured it would be better to wait until after we were done whale watching due to my girlfriend not having her sea legs.

We stopped in and were advised they had a restaurant downstairs which the kind lady recommended we try if we wanted to eat in, or we could stay up stairs where it was very warm.

We decided to eat downstairs and it was accessible via the outside stairs. there was a stairway which lead you down to an open outside dinning area and then into the boardwalk for Cheticamp, so you will see some people walking along the boardwalk from time to time, you can also see some of the boats leaving the harbor if you are sitting by the window, or in the outside area. We decided to stay inside as we were both burnt from the previous day and did not want to get more of a sunburn than we already had.

We sat down and a young girl had brought us the menu's. We were both unsure what we wanted as we know they are famous for their pizza because of a friend of the family. I had decided on the half pizza and fries with gravy and my girlfriend had decided on the same thing only a different type of pizza.

We waited for a little while as it was very busy, we were sitting there for about 15 minutes for them to cook the pizza, fries and gravy, which honestly we didn't mind, we got to watch a boat pulling some kids on a dingy and then when we got the meal it was amazing. I loved the food, their pizza was great and the fries were just enough, it was a good portion and honestly one of the best pizza's we've had. I really enjoyed it, as did my girlfriend.

We were finished and the server was very nice, we paid and left a nice tip for the young girl who had served us. The service is friendly, the food is great, the atmosphere is wonderful and you will not regret stopping here.

• Visited July 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent hot wings”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Me and my 13 year old son visited and he decided he wanted to try hot wings. I was worried as we are from Alberta and we eat wings quite often and wing deals are available at almost every pub. when they arrived I tried one and thought to myself I think these may be the best wings I ever had. They were juicy and the hot sauce was fantastic. not the hottest but a very good combination of hot and sweet. I found out the name of the sauce and was on a mission to find it before heading back west. I was not successful as the creator of the sauce moved a couple years earlier and was not able to locate it in the short time we were there. Red Fox is the name of the sauce. we also ordered a pizza and it was pretty good as well but could have used a bit more sauce. the atmosphere is very good with a large deck overlooking the Cheticamp Island and the boardwalk passing right by.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bobbleheads
Ottawa, Canada
“Average at Best”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

You can't find a pizza slice more thin anywhere. It looked like you could fax it to someone it was so thin. Place has weird hours as well which is odd for a town that prides itself on tourism, because most things and places close early.

• Visited August 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“First donair experience”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Friendly service, great portions, patio right on the water. Service was quick and food was hot. Basic pizza/ sub joint but quite tasty!

Visited July 2013
Oakville, Canada
“The Perfect Combination of Crispy and Chewy”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am not a pizza lover, but my husband could eat it for 5 of 7 meals a week. For me, it needs to be a really good pizza to satisfy, and Wabo's satisfied. It is a little place with only a few tables; diner style. They had the lite up old style diner menus, which made me wonder what I was getting into. Our pizza came out fresh and hot and so good. It was a light, slightly chewy crust pizza with nice cheese. We really enjoyed it.

• Visited September 2012