“Yum”

Restaurant Evangeline
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Cheticamp
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I visited here a few weekends ago when we were camping nearby at the national park and decided to relax and have someone else cook for us. We were not disappointed! My husband ordered a donair pizza and it was absolutely delicious. We had leftovers to take back to the campsite for later and it tasted just as good the 2nd time.

I ordered chicken fricot, and although I can't attest to how "traditionally Acadian" it might have been, it was delicious! And it came with a fresh roll from a nearby bakery. :)

Service was good, we didn't wait long for our food, and the washrooms and restaurant in general were very clean. I would go back for sure.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Didn't finish half of my meal because it was inedible. Peas were canned and slimy. Apple pie was frozen and put in the microwave. Clams and scallops were frozen, re-heated, and then deep-fried. Paid $50 for two persons.

1  Thank jennyy103
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was one of the worst, very worst, restaurant choices I have ever made. Sorry but the food was truly appalling. I can't even bring myself to fully remember just how bad it was. Coupled with the indifferent service and incredibly utilitarian cafeteria style decor, we just couldn't wait to leave. The only good thing about it is that we didn't get sick. Truly ugh!

1  Thank BeachSwaggie
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Accommodating staff and entertaining clientele! I had the omelette (good) while my wife had the pancakes (no taste). Cafeteria-like decor was a bit depressing.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a lovely little restaurant, food was very nice, prices very reasonable but what made us return 3 mornings running for breakfast was the service. We had the same waitress who was excellent, she made us feel very welcome and we were touched that each morning she remembered our previous orders, how we had our tea, our eggs and what bread we had. For us British who love a nice strong cup of tea this is the place to go . Would also recommend the Omelette.