A lovely view, but it was way over priced for what you receive.
I booked in advance and was quoted $220.00 per night for a chalet. I considered this expensive, but travelling with my folks and a dog I figured that it would be a nice spot.
The views of the harbour were great and there was a place to have a fire out front, but the chalet only had one bedroom and was attached to another unit (two units per building). There was a very small kitchenette which made cooking very limited and an uncomfortable pullout.
It was too small for 4 and lacked far too many perks and services to make it worth the price I paid. For example, when we asked for a screen for the window of the bedroom, the owner suggested that we take one from the other window. After saying that we would like to have that window open during the night as well (as there is no airconditioning in the rooms) she had a screen put in which she took from another chalet.
Apparently there were muffins available in the morning which no one told us about and was not mentioned in the amenities booklet in the room.
To add insult to injury speaking with other travellers staying there I learned that they paid only $120-$130 per night for the same or perhaps better chalets (I didn't dare ask if they had a whirlpool tub!) When I asked for discount or at least to wave the pet charge I was refused. All of this left quite a sour taste in my mouth. I would suggest arriving late afternoon or evening and trying your luck at a cheaper rate. If not there are plenty of other accomodations in the town.
I wouldn't stay again and if you do, I wouldn't recommend paying anywhere close to the $220.00 per night that we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Acadian Hospitality at its best. Great place to relax, and enjoy the best of waterfront accommodations. Ideally located for day trips to return in the evening to catch a beautiful sunset and watch the boats coming in from their whale watching expeditions. Convenient to Le Portage Golf Course and Cape Breton Highlands National Park entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ocean View Motel & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean View Motel & Chalets Hotel Cheticamp
- Ocean View Motel And Chalets
- Ocean View Hotel Chalets
- Ocean View Motel & Chalets Cheticamp, Nova Scotia