“Our Favorite Trail-The Sampler Trail”
Review of Acadian Trail

Acadian Trail
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Cheticamp
Reviewed August 14, 2014

But start it before 5 pm. We did it in record time because we were afraid of being stuck in the dark. We saw a large moose up close. Not any other people as I don't think it's the most popular trail. But that was one of the best things about it. You get to see almost every type of landscape on this trail. Awesome.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"moose"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 14, 2014

A beautiful hike, a bit of work at times, but plenty of worthy stops for a view and a wonderful seat (literally) at the peak. The way down (going clockwise) takes you through a wonderful forest as you follow a creek down, but the mosquitoes made us not want to linger. Easy parking in the visitor's center lot and the trailhead is near the road. Highly recommended.

1  Thank beekerer
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Being Acadian, it was my first opportunity to travel to Cape Breton with my elderly parents. We learned so much about our ancestors and gave a sense of pride to be Acadian.

1  Thank Mimi2842
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We did the Skyline trail. An easy walk, quite flat apart from the boardwalk at the end but as that is an out and back section you can do as much or as little as you want and views are exceptional no matter how far you go down the boardwalk. The whole circuit including the boardwalk is less than 10km but you can make it shorter by taking the left hand route at the fork and go straight out and back. The right hand fork is longer and the path not so smooth but it does take you through some lovely woodland. We didn't see much wildlife but plenty of tracks and several eagles flying off the cliffs at the boardwalk.

1  Thank hjrpwr
See more reviews
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I climb the Acadian Trail in the park at least once a week and sometimes more. It is about five miles total. I walk it "backwards" meaning I walk in the valley first, counter-clockwise. It seems less steep that way and saves the prize of ocean breezes for the last part of the hike. I have seen moose, bear, eagles, frogs, baby bunnies and quail families on the trail. You can do it in around two hours as a fanatic trot, but I tend to take my time, especially on top. The blueberries on top come in around late July and they are delicious. The views from the overlooks of Cheticamp are iconic and memorable. Moose scat everywhere on the river side of the trail, but the only moose I have ever seen were on or near the top. They must visit the river late at night. I love that trail.

5  Thank Mike N