“No poutine râpée?!?!”
Review of Acadian Restaurant - CLOSED

Acadian Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Was so disappointed to see poutine râpée wasn't on the menu :( I asked the waitress about it but they did not have them but did suggest potato pancakes. While I do love potato pancakes I just had my heart set on poutine râpée.

The menu was decent but due to being with a picky eater I just order a delicious cookie sampler.

Staff was friendly, the inside was accessible, and decor and attire was cute. Just there is no poutine râpée. I later found out that poutine râpée isn't popular in the area.

Place is well worth a visit if you enjoy other traditional Acadian dishes.

Acad1enne, Owner at Acadian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

No poutine râpée?!?! I am so sorry that you were disappointed... Poutine râpée is a dish that Acadians from the South Shore of Nova Scotia are popular for, along with Rapure otherwise known as Rappie Pie. The similar dish that we serve here with the grated uncooked potatoes is the "crêpes au rapage" - potato pancakes. Acadians from all over would take the similar technique however create a dish of their own. I am happy however that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. We like to deliver an authentic Acadian experience, a Chéticamp - Acadian experience. :0) The cookie sampler happens to be my personal favorite. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again!! Bonne soirée

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My mother and I stopped here for dinner our first night in Cheticamp, and it was very memorable. We showed up near closing time but were welcomed as if the restaurant was just starting its day. We both had the fish chowder, which was made with a broth, rather than a cream base, and it was delicious! The Acadian atmosphere and staff were lovely.

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. I had a very reasonably priced lobster sandwich which was very tasty. Whilst waiting for our order we were also given bread and some flavoured butter. Service was very good and nice feel to the restaurant.

1  Thank Tandemania
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Wonderful spot to stop for meal. Authentic acadian food served up by ladies in period costumes. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Food is excellent. Try the mussles...yummy! Nice gift shop attached.

1  Thank M B
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Spent to nights in Cheticamp as a close spot to the Cabot Trail and the hiking trails we wanted to hit. The last night we stayed, we wanted to find something more traditional for the area and settled on the Acadian Restaurant. Definitely not a bad choice. The Sampler provided small portions of all the traditional foods from meat pie, to chiard, fishcakes and blood pudding. I was personally a bit uneasy about blood pudding as the name doesn't sound appetizing but turns out it's absolutely fantastic. The Blueberry pie for dessert has to be hands down the best I've ever had (local blueberries probably did the trick)

Service was very quick and the staff very friendly.

1  Thank Kevin C