“fantastic day whale watching”
Review of Captain Zodiac

Captain Zodiac
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Cheticamp
Reviewed September 11, 2013

went whale watching with our family in august ,with captain zodiac, had a awesome trip, seen lots of whales ,captain was very professional, the scenery was breathtaking,well worth the money , plan on doing it again next year :)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Vacationed out in Cape Breton for a week with my husband and two children decided to try out a whale watch not knowing what the kids would think of it. We booked with Captain Zodiac and the tour was amazing, not only got to see whales but getting to see parts of the island from the water was breathtaking. I was concerned how they kids would handle the whole thing since they had never left the city before. They absolutely loved it and still won't stop talking about it! Highly recommend it!

april t, Owner at Captain Zodiac, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for the feedback! We look forward to seeing you again =)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Wow, I could not be any happier with this trip!! If you are looking for a Whale Cruise adventure this is the one to choose! I have nothing but good things to say about this experience. I have traveled all over the Maritimes with my 2 children and seen the brochure of Captain Zodiac and had to check it out. Our Captain took us along the shorelines on the coast which we spotted whales, seals, northern gannets diving in the water for fish and a very spectacular view of the coastlines. This trip was the most amazing experience my family has ever had thanks to the genuine hospitality and great personalities of the staff and captain. My family and I will defiantly be back next year!!

Thank you for the great feed back , an we look forward to seeing you again ! =)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We called the day before to reserve our spot. I travelled with my husband and two kids(10,12yrs old) on this great adventure on August 21st 2013. There were 12 individuals on the boat, six of us on each side. The boat has a bench and there is a bar that runs across the back of the seats so that when we are stopped to see the whales you can stand up and hold on. Captain Wes was a good, knowledgeable guide. He was a good operator and we felt safe at all times and what we really liked was how he was respectful of the whales themselves at all times. The tour was approximately 60 minutes in length. The tour before us had spotted whales so Captain Wes knew exactly where to go. It took us less than 10 minutes for our first spotting. We saw two pods of pilot whales (about 20 in total). It was a thrill to be so close to these fascinating creatures. The Captain made sure that no matter where you sat you got to see the whales on your side of the boat as he would turn the boat around each time we spotted the whales. You really get a whole new respect of the open sea. Well worth the money. It was one of the highlights of our trip. You will get wet……you are on a zodiac after all…………and that it just part of the experience. Highly recommend this one!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Booked with Captain Zodiac at Cheticamp, although a little more costly than other boats, Zodiac has a speed boat which gets to the whales quicker when spotted.
We went on the 28 Aug 13 at 3pm, within 10 minutes the boat was surrounded by White Beaked Dolphins which were fantastic, we stayed with then for at least 10 minutes.
7 miles out of the Harbour we came across a pod of Pilot whales, approx 12-15 Whales, the water was flat and like glass and the whales just came around and under the boat, we spent about 45 minutes with the Whales before heading back to the harbour.
I would recommend Captain Zodiac, who guarantees the sighting of hales or your money back.
Great Trip - Many Thanks.

1  Thank Mike S