“Terrible food, lovely staff”
Review of Laurie's Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Laurie's Motor Inn
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Cheticamp
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Inn operates a full restaurant with excellent service, attractive decor and good food! Served the best lobster supper I've had yet.
Sydney, Australia
“Terrible food, lovely staff”
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

I came here to eat as they has a local Acadian folk singer performing. She was ok but the atmosphere in the bar was zero - I guess because there was a bus tour that accounted for all of the guests except me.
I ate from the traditional Acadian menu and I had A beef dish which tasted like it was from a campbells can or packet-mix and was so salty I couldn't finish it. The accompanying vegetables looked like they were mccains frozen veggies and this was very disappointing. Worst meal I ate in Nova Scotia. Staff were nice though.

Brossard, Canada
“Not a good experience!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were extremely disappointed with the quality of food at this restaurant. Two of our party ordered steak - it was not even edible - sent it back once because it was GREY on the inside and the second steak that they prepared was also grey. The waitress said that the "chef" marinated the steak but to us, it seemed more like the steak had been cooked from frozen. The shrimp was deepfried but black on the inside as if it had been left in the deepfryer for too long. The scallops were OK, the lobster was fine, but it was just extremely disappointing given that we waited over an hour between ordering our food and getting it. I don't think this "chef" can cook anything other than lobster, and he certainly did not seem able to handle a busy night. I would NOT recommend this restaurant - it was expensive and the quality of food was very poor.

• Visited July 2012
“Went for the Arcadian music”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We really enjoyed ourselves listening to the music and the musician describe the history of the Arcadian in Cheticamp. Would definitely go again. Did not eat here not stay in the motel as we have a motorhome.

Visited June 2012
“Incredible!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were going to the harbor inn for breakfast but my father in law pulled over at Laurie's because it was right across the street from where we stayed the night. Let me tell you that this must be THE best place in Cheticamp to have breakfast! The buffet is simply to die for. Fresh everything.. If it was even a bit old they would toss the whole thing out and bring fresh replacements. For 12$ it could not be beat, they went out of their way for us and our 8 month old little girl. They even gave us a fresh extra strong coffee in to go mugs. When i revisit this area i will be sure to eat there again.

Cheticamp, Canada
“Wowwww and yummmmm”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This is a fantastic restaurant. I was a bit confused for some time because there's a sign out front that says 'dinner 5-8' or something and it seemed a bit restrictive, but I think it means you have to be IN by 8 as people were there past 9 pm when we finally went!

I thought the decor was lovely, open and bright and I liked the colours. Our server was fantastic, even tied our lobster bibs for us (and put up with us taking photos). The price for a lobster dinner was $21 I believe and included more food than I could eat. The presentation of the lobster was FANTASTIC. This is my favourite place for lobster in Inverness County ( so far :) ) . I've only been once but I look forward to going back - I would highly recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank PB2Canada