“One of the better places on Baddeck”

Bell-Buoy Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 32 Restaurants in Baddeck
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We enjoyed eating at this restaurant. The people were very friendly and helpful. We liked the awesome Canadian "maple" salad. The lobster stuffed mushrooms caps were great. Crab cakes and chowder were good. We also liked the herb biscuits served with the meal. We ate at this restaurant for three nights.

1  Thank czych

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We ate here two nights in early June. Both meals were good without breaking the bank. The service was good, not outstanding. It appeared that the family was eating at the same time and garnered much of the wait staff attention that should have been devoted to other customers. We had seafood meals both nights but not the lobster.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were lured here by the reviews. After trying the fare, I was convinced that there was another restaurant by the same name in this town as this one did not match the positive reviews. Our drinks came in preserve jars (the other tables were served normal glasses), the staff felt that smiling, prompt delivery of food, and remembering the order were not part of their jobs. The place was overpriced for the portion size and quality of food was suspect. It really felt as if they did not care if we ate there or not. Not to worry, we won't again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Baddeck is beautiful and after a long drive happy to arrive. Had a rather odd dinner experience at this location. Food was great - staff was somewhat accommodating. Found it to be a very stale vibe though all around - patrons and staff combined - not the typical east coast experience and warmth we've received so far. Would do take out and enjoy the view from the pier next time.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I searched for gluten free restaurants in baddeck and from what I read it was the best choice, I read they actually dedicated a fryer to gluten free meals....they don't. I opted for fish taco, and my side was salad, I couldn't get fries. They made my taco in a light rice wrap that's used in spring rolls. I got half the amount my friend who wasn't gluten free got... And the garden salad was very plain and small, I spent $15 and I had to leave and eat elsewhere... The two girls that seated us were arguing when we came in... Every restaurant has gluten free options, but I did not feel this was a good choice.