“Close to Bell Museum”

Ranked #14 of 32 Restaurants in Baddeck
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Waterfront view and nice environment. Food is good, if not a little on the pricey side. They will prepare haddock broiled with drawn butter...and did a nice job.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had the lobster dinners here. The lobster was good, as were the mussels & chowder. We had a table by the window overlooking the waterfront which was very nice. Prices were about average for the Maritimes (which we found to be generally high). Service was good. Convenient location if you're staying in Baddeck. Food, view and service combine to make this a good (but not exceptional) place to eat. Would rate it 3 1/2 stars if possible.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We only ate at this restaurant one time. We were terribly disappointed in the service...we waited for 45 minutes for our meal to be served. I'm a huge fan of seafood and ordered a casserole of shrimp, scallops, and haddock in a wine cheese sauce. It was over the top expensive in my view, the serving was incredibly small and the "sauce" did not taste like wine cheese sauce but almost like kraft dinner cheese sauce. My son got a cheeseburger which was clearly a frozen boxed burger which we thought from a high end place we would receive at least a fresh handmade burger. There were a ton of people in the restaurant and I did witness quite a few disappointed customers. Unfortunately did not notice the staff noticing this. The people that were serving the food were eating behind the bar in between serving customers which I felt distasteful. We will not return to this restaurant unfortunately.

1  Thank Leisa O
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Lunch in August was great. The day was clear, we overlooked the Baddeck wharf and marina. The lobster sandwich was just lobster, nothing adulterating its flavour with just a hint of mayo. Then came the fresh, warmed blueberry pie with home made ice cream. Coming from outside the province, the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We just had lunch at the Bell-Buoy and were very disappointed, for a number of reasons. I inquired about the gluten free menu items and were assured by the owner that many of the items on the menu could be prepared gluten free, including the pan fried haddock. I decided to give it a try. Even though I told the waitress that I didn't want anything on the fish and that I couldn't have wheat, the fish arrived coated in what looked like flour. I asked the waitress about it and she assured me there was nothing on the fish. Because I was concerned with the look of the fish, I asked the owner who confirmed that it was coated! Another was prepared, this time without any coating. The haddock was obviously not fresh and overcooked, a big disappointment at a restaurant that uses "Destination Seafood" in it's advertisements. The small piece of fish and a baked potato was $16.00...all in all, not a positive experience. We will not be eating there again.