$134
Cabot Trail Motel(Baddeck)(Great Value!)
$91
Green Highlander Lodge(Baddeck)(Great Value!)
$105
Telegraph House Hotel(Baddeck)(Great Value!)
$111
$100
$91
$118
$114
Travelocity
$198
$134
High Street Inn(Baddeck)(Great Value!)
$106
Agoda.com
All reviewsnova scotiacape bretongreen housecabot trailwonderful hostsgolden doodlefew minutes driveyogurtother guestsbreakfast was excellentlovely dogbreakfast was buffet stylebaddeck areasmallest roomblueberry pancakeshighlight of our tripperfect place to stay
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We stayed in room number 5 and found it quite nice. We had an in-room bathroom and air-conditioner (but we needed to use the heat!). The gentleman was extremely nice and made a delicious breakfast for us. I was somewhat worried about this place because there was a shortage of photos on the website and I didn't know what the room would look like, but it seemed newly remodeled and was extremely comfortable. I think that this room was a very good value. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Stay in a garden-suite.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Very nice but kind of inconvenient.
My wife and I stayed in the Inn for four nights selected it for its convenient location in the Cape Breton. The owner couple was very nice, the atmosphere was homey, breakfasts were good. However, there were lots minor but annoying inconveniences which made the stay generally inconvenient:
1. There was no bathroom in our room; the bathroom assigned to the room across a common hallway didn’t have a lock.
2. There was no air conditioner in the room which would be OK if we have been able to open the windows which design allowed making just a narrow slot. So, it was quite sticky and hot at night.
3. A few terrible black flies, the plague of Nova Scotia, managed to intrude into the room and we were severely bitten.
4. There was no public telephone anywhere and the owners kindly let us use their one but we had to ask it as a favor.
5. There was no public refrigerator, so we had to ask the owners for another favor to keep out sandwich in their refrigerator.
As a matter of fact, practically every ordinary American or Canadian motel or inn has interior bathroom, telephone, air conditioner and refrigerator (at least in common areas and without asking permission).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an interior bathroom
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zanuda60
JanVickers, Owner at Auld Farm Inn B & B, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Thank you for your review, we always appreciate constructive feedback.
In the 9 months since your visit we have been working to rectify issues within the farmhouse.
• There is now a refrigerator for guests to use in the dining room
• 7 of our 8 rooms have en-suite bathrooms and for the one room that has a private bathroom across the hall, we have successfully manage to get a replacement key from the door manufacturers in Germany.
• Although made locally, the windows in the property are of a European design and open fully to the side as well as tilt forward from the top for ventilation. Four rooms have air-conditioning, the rooms within the original farmhouse have ceiling or pillar fans for cooling.
• Our phone is always available for guests to use withphone cards.
The lack of telephones in every room reflects our 3½ star rating. This is something that we are working towards for the future.

All we ask is for our guests to mention any issue to us at the time and we will try to accommodate their needs as much as possible.

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I came up to Cape Breton for a snowmobile weekend with members of the Snowmobilers Association of Nova Scotia (SANS). Being from Minnesota, I needed some recommendations and they suggested staying at the Auld Farm Inn.

It was a beautiful drive up from Halifax, my room was extremely charming (and very large, with my own nicely finished in-suite bathroom) and the owners are two of the most friendly people you'll ever meet.

They served us excellent food, absolutely bent over backwards to make sure we had exactly what we wanted and needed (including making us trail lunches to take on our rides) and made for excellent conversation in the evenings.

I really hope I can make my way up there sometime to see what this beautiful area is like in the summer, and I would make sure to stay at Auld Farm Inn again. I felt like I made friends, as well as enjoyed a very comfortable stay. I slept like a million dollars every night.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Jan and Glen Vickers are wonderful hosts, very knowledgable about local and Cape Breton things to see and do. The accommodations are great, very clean, the rooms are up-to-date furnished with some antiques. They provide a good breakfast with some homemade food.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Auld farm is about four miles from the town center, but worth the journey. The rooms are clean and spacious, the bathrooms well maintained, the service impeccable and the breakfast delicious. It is a larger b&b--we stayed in the newer part rather than the main house--and the hosts keep a respectful, but still warm, distance.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple