After travelling the Cabot Trail all day, I was pleasantly surprised to arrive at the Silver Dart Lodge. The staff were great, and our room overlooked the water. The room was an excellent size, comfortable beds and very clean. We even had a door to the outside, where we could sit outside the room overlooking the water. There is an outdoor pool, a walking trail along the water, and there is even the free usage of bicycles if you would like to ride into the main strip which is very close. There was two free computers to use in the main lodge area, which was great because our computer was broken! Other hotels/motels along the Cabot Trail were very 'no-frills' basic places, however the Silver Dart Lodge was a great accomodation for its price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MacNeil House is located in beautiful Baddeck on Cape Breton Island, sharing a 90-acre property with the Silver Dart Lodge. Whether you want to sit and relax on our observation deck while taking in the beautiful scenery and gorgeous view of the Bras d'Or Lakes or get active and take a hike on the walking trails, kayak on the lakes, or take part in our Cabot Trail Treasure Hunt, our goal is to help you build a better Cape Breton vacation. Relax, unwind and let our knowledgeable staff guide your Cape Breton adventure, the perfect starting point for your Cabot Trail experience. Our Taste of Nova Scotia approved restaurant, McCurdy's Dining Room includes a lounge area and patio. Enjoy your afternoons and evenings with our heated swimming pool, private waterfront, and forested nature trails. Variety of hotel rooms and chalets, open mid-May to mid-October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silver Dart Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Dart Hotel Baddeck
- Silver Dart Baddeck
- Silver Dart Lodge Baddeck, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island