As a college student, I worked a summer in the Silver Dart Lodge dining room.
The dining room's view has not changed over the years; thank goodness because it has a panoramic view of the Bras D'Or Lake. The layout of the dining room is a bit different but blends with the decor of the older part of the room.
The food quality remains the same - very good!
Our waitress was well informed re: menu and very friendly and efficient!
The front desk area has changed but not the congenially of the staff.
A bar area and gift shop have been added close the reception area.
Overall the lodge has expanded to include newer motel units, cottages and MacNeil House which was our staff house when I worked as a student.
We have been quests in the motel unit and most recently in the MacNeil House suites.
What a change in accommodations in MacNeil House as I knew it!! This summer, we had a compact kitchen which opened up to a dining/living room area with propane fireplace. The bathroom was small but had a jacuzzi tub. Our bedroom was not very large but had a wonderfully comfortable bed.
The chambermaid was very friendly and helpful.
All in all the friendliness of the staff seems to have remained over the years even with the expansion.
There is an outdoor pool, party room with BBQ and walking trails. The Beach Walk, across the road, leads to the lake which has a portable wharf, sitting area and gazebo. Sure is different from only the rocks we could put our beach towels on before or after we swam!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MacNeil House is located in beautiful Baddeck on Cape Breton Island, sharing a 90-acre property with the Silver Dart Lodge. Whether you want to sit and relax on our observation deck while taking in the beautiful scenery and gorgeous view of the Bras d'Or Lakes or get active and take a hike on the walking trails, kayak on the lakes, or take part in our Cabot Trail Treasure Hunt, our goal is to help you build a better Cape Breton vacation. Relax, unwind and let our knowledgeable staff guide your Cape Breton adventure, the perfect starting point for your Cabot Trail experience. Our Taste of Nova Scotia approved restaurant, McCurdy's Dining Room includes a lounge area and patio. Enjoy your afternoons and evenings with our heated swimming pool, private waterfront, and forested nature trails. Variety of hotel rooms and chalets, open mid-May to mid-October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Silver Dart Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Dart Hotel Baddeck
- Silver Dart Baddeck
- Silver Dart Lodge Baddeck, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island