My wife and I really enjoyed the property at the Silver Dart Lodge. You can take a bike ride to
downtown Baddeck, swim in the lake, throw some horseshoes or just enjoy the view from the veranda. There is always something to do instead of just staying in your room watching TV.
The Silver Dart Lodge is located at most a 10 minute walk from downtown Baddeck so if one of the bikes is not available, it is an easy stroll. The road can be a bit busy with tourist traffic in the summer so do pay attention.
We were in one of the older buildings so the walls were not as sound proof as I would like. When the neighbours air conditioner developed an annoying squeak, it bothered us as well. Thankfully they turned if off as the night cooled down.
There is nothing spectacular about the room. It was functional and the decore easy on the eyes. One item of note is the mini-fridge. Always a plus for storing supplies for a day trip.
We did have breakfast in the restaurant and it was yummy. Do try to get there early or late
enough to get a window view.
After our last disappointment staying in Baddeck, I have to give a high rating the Silver Dart Lodge as it was on target for our stay in Baddeck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MacNeil House is located in beautiful Baddeck on Cape Breton Island, sharing a 90-acre property with the Silver Dart Lodge. Whether you want to sit and relax on our observation deck while taking in the beautiful scenery and gorgeous view of the Bras d'Or Lakes or get active and take a hike on the walking trails, kayak on the lakes, or take part in our Cabot Trail Treasure Hunt, our goal is to help you build a better Cape Breton vacation. Relax, unwind and let our knowledgeable staff guide your Cape Breton adventure, the perfect starting point for your Cabot Trail experience. Our Taste of Nova Scotia approved restaurant, McCurdy's Dining Room includes a lounge area and patio. Enjoy your afternoons and evenings with our heated swimming pool, private waterfront, and forested nature trails. Variety of hotel rooms and chalets, open mid-May to mid-October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silver Dart Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Dart Hotel Baddeck
- Silver Dart Baddeck
- Silver Dart Lodge Baddeck, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island