“Great place for a meeting and stay”
Review of Inverary Resort

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Baddeck
Sydney, Canada
“Great place for a meeting and stay”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our office had a meeting at the inverary inn which included an overnight stay. I can't say enough about the exceptional service we received. Matt and Audrey were fantastic! We did not have one problem. The hotel rooms were clean and the meeting room was perfect!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank C S
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for your review C S! We are very pleased you could escape the office for a time and enjoy a short retreat at our resort. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to your next visit, for business or pleasure!

Best wishes,

Inverary Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I spent a week with family and friends in CB and while I did not stay at the Inn, I did have the pleasure of accessing several resort services.

A lovely evening at the Thistledown Pub with girlfriends! We had fish n chips, bacon and Brie burger and pulled pork sliders, which we all split amongst each other. Very good food!

Birthday dinner celebration at Flora's with my parents who were celebrating their 71st and 72nd birthdays. Matt helped book our reservation and then served us during dinner, surprising my parents with a lovely dessert platter and coffees, on the house. The candles were a nice touch and my Mom was very pleased!

The other service that I accessed was the gym facility...trying to keep off those extra pounds from all the food I was eating! I paid a small amount to access the gym for the week I was home, but was quick to realize why it was so inexpensive! Very small room with limited equipment, no water, no fans, no TV. Free weights were limited...nice treadmill and elliptical, though. But I couldn't help but notice the garbage was not emptied for 3 consecutive days...I would not have noticed except for the orange peels in the garbage!

All in all, a lovely place! I think it is just great that the public can access the Inn and that these nice places to eat stay open past the peak season! I will return!

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review reddya. We are very pleased you enjoyed the dinner celebration with your parents. We were excited to have you, and I'm sure the company was as good as the meal!
We also apologize for the issues you encountered in our fitness room and appreciate your comments. With regards to fans, we do have an air conditioner in the room, but we will have our maintenance team inspect it to ensure it is in good working order. Your other comments will be addressed immediately as well.
Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you back for birthdays 72 and 73!

All the best,

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was at the Inverary Resort this past summer and had a great time. The room had a fantastic view and was very clean and tidy upon arrival. During my stay, I had the opportunity to enjoy the great breakfast buffet at Flora's, a great dinner at the Thistledown Pub and even a lunch at the Bell Bay Golf Club! The food at all three locations was delicious, I really recommend the Spinach Salad at Bell Bay!

Throughout my stay I enjoyed a relaxing manicure at the spa on site, a great sailboat tour on the Amoeba and some shopping at the Patchouli Accessories Boutique! (All located within a stones throw away). Finally, because I was there attending a wedding, I had the opportunity to experience the great event staff at the MacAulay Conference Centre, they were fantastic and very well organized!

All the staff were very friendly throughout my entire trip, from check-in to check-out. I will definitely be back to the Inverary Resort very soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your glowing review angela a! As you mentioned there are many great activities on our property as well as in the village with great shops and sailing. So glad you enjopyed the wedding! We arte always excitied to be a part of such an important event. Please give the new bride and groom our best! We hope to see you again soon!

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were in Baddeck for the Celtic Festival and decided we would stop in this pub for a pint or two and some light dinner. It was Saturday night (Oct 12, 2013) and the place was busy. We waited for at least 10 minutes for a server to come by so we could order drinks. She was overwhelmed as there was only her and the bartender serving. Apparently, someone didn't show up for their shift. We are patient people and told her we were in no hurry. As we watched her and the bartender scurry around trying to take orders, deliver them, clean up tables and serve drinks I was appalled to hear a couple come in and say they did not appreciate the wait and if they didn't turn on the TV to the channel they want "there would be hell to pay". Some people!!.. it's all about them. Nevertheless, we were served as promptly as the server could, ordered some food and listened to the musician that was booked for that evening. We had a very enjoyable night.
Now.. since that was a fairly pleasant experience.. we returned a couple of nights later to find two servers and a bartender on staff. We waited for over 20 minutes to get served.. only after I went up to the bar and asked if anyone was serving our area. I had previously made eye contact with the male waiter and he took a sip of his coffee, punched in an order on the cash register and proceeded to ignore me. He had already walked by our table at least 10 times without acknowledging us at all! So.. Thistledown Pub... train your staff on two things... 1. to acknowledge customers - even letting them know you've seen them and will have someone serve them shortly; 2. never, never walk around empty handed.. when you walk back to the bar, cash register - grab an empty glass from a table, a dirty plate or bowl from a table on your way...that way you won't be making needless trips afterward and the customer knows you are attentive. I guess having been a restaurant manager myself... and a bartender... it's hard to overlook poor service/bad training and arrogant wait staff. Word of mouth is the best advertising one could get... and the word for the second night at your location won't be printed here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wincikabi
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments wincikabi. I am happy to hear you had a pleasant experience at the Thistledown during Celtic Colours, and I am sorry to hear about your second visit with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I hope your view of our Pub and the Inverary Resort are not affected by the actions and attitude of one person, on one occasion. We pride ourselves in being very courteous and hospitable and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are visiting from Ontario. Thank you again.

Travelers are raving about these Baddeck hotels

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our plans changed and we arrived in Baddeck one day early and B&B that we had booked for the following night was already booked so we stayed at this resort. This was a real disappointment and was the worst accommodations in our 30 day vacation to the Maritimes. We stayed in "The Barn" building. It was suppose to be a non-smoking room however we could smell stale smoke. We tried to open some windows late at night and found that they had all been screwed shut. Very dangerous if a fire had occurred. There was a conference booked into the resort (we heard 150 rooms). A couple of rooms were cancelled (one of those rooms was the room given to us). The unfortunate part is that 4 or 5 of the rooms was booked by the conference and several of the occupants were enjoying themselves in the lounge ( right outside our room) until midnight when we called the front desk. We should never have been given that room by the reception desk. For breakfast the next morning the server twice got my order wrong. Brought up our complaints to management who reduced our rate for the night however we could never recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ggummer
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for your review ggummer. I apologize for your experience with us and I recall the conversation we had regarding your concerns. The issues you brought to our attention were addressed immediately and have since been resolved. We appreciate your feedback in helping us make our resort better for our future guests.
Thank you again and we hope to see you back to the Maritimes for another extended stay!
Maitland, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here the 1st night as Baddeck is a good place to start your tour of the island. The Alexander Graham Bell Museum is here as well as shopping for the ladies, evening entertainment is plentiful, while there are numerous cafes and restaurants available A good jumping off spot..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank foleyhouseinn
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your review foleyhouseinn! We are pleased you enjoyed our wonderful village and took in many of the sights and sounds! We look forward to your next visit with us!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2013

An abrupt and disinterested staff at the front counter (Jillian in particular) started our stay into a downhill spiral when we reported a toilet problem in one of our rooms., the problem was not ours and the staff seemed quite snotty that they should have to deal with "our" problem.
The food in the dining room was bland and less than expectations.

Room Tip: Room was pricey and did not include breakfast