“Stayed many times”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Baddeck
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Stayed many times”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

WE love this resort because it is handy for day trips and also has rental pedal boats and other good things. Rooms vary. Some are really nice and some cramped. Tour buses seem to get the Motel type rooms which are more cookie cutter. Rooms in the old lodge are a range and I don't know how suggest as I can't recall numbers.

Room Tip: Ask specifics. If you want more modern and usually larger ask for the motel type. We like the old...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jroihl
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review jroihl. We do have a range of accommodation types and many guests enjoy (and request) our Main Lodge Deluxe rooms. I am glad you enjoy our location and we can't wait until your next trip from Massachusetts!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was a little hesitant after booking into the "resort" and reading some of the reviews after. Must say calling it a "resort" was a grand overstatement. It was more like a motel. Our room was dingy and dark, with beddings and cheap furniture to match. We've stayed in quaint places before; I was trying to convince myself that it was just that, but came to the conclusion instead that it was simply an old and tired motel that desperately needs some serious upgrading, albeit with vast lovely grounds and is steps from the beach. Overall, disappointed.

Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your experience was not as enjoyable as you expected, AlwaysEatDessert. Our resort is a property with lovely grounds, many activies and a variety of accommodation types. Should you be dissatisfied with any aspect of your room, our Front Desk staff will be pleased to discuss another accommodation option with you. I am sure we have the right one for you! Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you in Baddeck again soon!

Travelers are raving about these Baddeck hotels

Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the advice of a co-worker who stayed here 10+ years ago. Because we were on our honeymoon we opted to get the jacuzzi tub in the room. The staff were very friendly and curteous as I watched the guests in line in front of me ask a billion questions right down to the staff member's birthday.

The room was a bit dated (as other reviews suggested) and we found the bed hard. When my husband and I decided we wanted a late supper we called front desk to find that the front desk closed at 8. Not a problem for us.. The guy at the Needs Convenience store send us to Tom's pizza and we are the best pizza we had ever had. Would definitely stay again as we would definitely come to Baddeck again!

2 Thank ktribe2011
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review ktribe! Congratulations on your recent union! We are honoured you decided to join us for your honeymoon! I am glad you enjoyed your trip to our area and we look forward to more visits from Woodstock!
Caronport, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The resort was huge but very welcoming. The management came out to great our group. We really enjoyed the bonfire on the beach with a local musician adding to the atmosphere. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I wish they'd had an outlet at the bedside table to charge my phone. The breakfast was delicious. I'd go back :)

1 Thank Heather P
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us Heather! Talented musicians are part of a real Cape Breton experience and are one of the many aspects of our guests take home with them when they leave. Our on site pub hosts live local entertainment every evening, all season! Thank you for visiting us and we look forward to your next visit from Saskatchewan!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a few recomendations to stay here. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I called them and asked for a room that was not old and tired and in need of an upgrade.
The room was just ok, I really think this inn is overated. The tv was terrible, really old and noisey.
I did meet the owner and expressed my desire for newer tv's in the rooms. They do not even sell tv's like that anymore.
The late afternoon person at the front desk was not the most friendliest or helpful. When we stayed at the Ketlic Lodge they where just lovely and couldn't do enough for us. I would stay there for sure !!!
I also thought it would be welcoming if coffee or tea and maybe a cookie was put out at some point.
Sorry, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mamaleone-1
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for your review mamaleone. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience as much as anticipated. We were surprised to see these comments as your interactions with us had indicated a pleasant stay, however, we certainly appreciate your comments and suggestions.
As a resort property in the beautiful village of Baddeck, we have many excellent activities and sights to take in, where a TV isn't required, such as hiking, sailing, a wonderful museum and local entertainers and craftspeople (among many others). That being said, we are continually updating our rooms and changes are made each season. We look forward to your next Cape Breton vacation!
Edwardsville, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I took my aunt and friend to the buffett. The service and food were fabulous. The buffett had a good variety. Salads, roast beef (cut by the chef. I wanted medium rare), salmon, shrimp, mashed and roasted potatoes and a chef available to put a pasta dish together for you the way you wanted it done.
They had a chocolate fountain with fruit available for dipping.
The also had a dessert table with everal different pies, cheesecakes and cookies and much more. I tried a small piece of a strawberry and chocolate cheesecake. Both were delicious. The staff were available to make sure that everything was restocked immediately which was good to see.
I will definitely do this again next year

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diane M
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your review Diane! As a team, we always look forward to our Annual Mother's Day event and are always pleased to hear great comments like yours. We try each year to do something different and keep the event exciting! We had a blast putting it on for you, and we will see you again next year!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here a couple times. Some of the rooms are quite dated looking. A little overpriced for what you get however the two times we stayed we did the cabot trail and called last minute so we got a bit of a deal. The restaurant here (off the main reception area) is way overpriced with a very limited menu. We went for supper and it cost us $100 and the portion sizes were very small and I think we each had maybe one drink.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JustTravelling4
Matthew M, Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review JustTravelling4. We are continuing to make updates to our rooms to add some modern touches and we always welcome feedback regarding our food and beverage offerings. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again during your next trip around the Cabot Trail!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baddeck
Silver Dart Lodge
#3 of 7 in Baddeck
Broadwater Inn
Broadwater Inn
#3 of 17 in Baddeck

Been to Inverary Resort? Share your experiences!