“We truly love the Inverary Inn”
Review of Inverary Resort

Inverary Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Baddeck
Scotchtown
“We truly love the Inverary Inn”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I have been guests at this awesome resort for over 10 yrs on a

yearly basis ...It's the cozy ,country welcoming feeling that we love ...rooms,grounds ,staff and all it has to offer is top shelf for sure,We spent our 25th @ the resort and a worker came to our room with chocolates and wine as well as a card of wishes ... Back a few yrs ago when on valentines day we would come to the Inn for a great valentine pkg it rocked ,,,, Rack of lamb so good ,as well as the wine that was served ...see you in November as we will be at the Inn to see Mr. Minglewood as
we do
each time he is your beautiful resort/town

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Dear jbwilcox,

Thank you for your fabulous review and past patronage! I am glad to hear that that you feel that what the resort has to offer is 'top shelf'. This is certainly what we strive for. We also do our best to recoginize the special days our guests have while staying with us, whether it be a birthday or anniversary. With that, I am glad to hear we made your special day 'extra' special. We are also looking forward to Matt Minglewood and look forward to seeing you there. It should be a great time.

Best Regards,

Jamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Shanty Bay, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I found this resort and the room to be very tired and old. Needs to be updated before we'd return again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Joanne W,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. I am sorry to hear that you felt the resort was tired and old. We are continually making improvements to our guest rooms and hope you are able to enjoy these improvements the next time you visit.

All the best,

British Columbia
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This place suited our needs fine. We got a "rate of the day" special through an info centre, and thought that just over $104 for a room incl. tax and hot breakfast was great value. Our room was in the section across the road from the main resort, but on the second floor still had a good view. The room was your average motel room- bathroom was a bit dated, but was clean and comfortable - nicer than some of the others we stayed in on our trip for similar price with no breakfast. The "quick start" breakfast included an egg, toast, bacon, potato and juice - a nice change from the usual continental breakfast. We did a quick walk through the resort which was nicely landscaped, but did not use any of the other facilities.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Canadian_Explorer5
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Heidi_200,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am glad to hear that the resort suited you fine. Our 'rate of the day' specials we offer are very popular offer great value. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in Baddeck soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I saw some reviews here that were not positive and I was a bit wary of staying here, but I did. Was very happy. I think some of the negative reviews stem from the term "Resort" -- this is a traditional summer resort, not a Four Seasons-type of Resort. I did find the rules around alcohol to be a bit odd (both at the restaurant and the pub), but I understand that it is a "dry" county (town?) and that they need to do things in a particular way to work with the laws.

Room Tip: There appear to be both hotel-like rooms and motel-like rooms. I personally prefer the hotel style.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank carlojo
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear carlojo,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am glad to hear that you chose to stay with us, despite some of the reviews you have read. In agreement and as you have pointed out, the rules we need to follow at the Inverary Resort regarding the serving of alcohol are a bit unique, as Baddeck is deemed a 'dry' village; with that, our pub is strictly for the enjoyment of resort guests. Other 'non resort' guests and local residents can also enjoy the pub, but need to purchase an membership. Not an ideal arrangement for us, but we respect the rules we need to follow.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night at the Inverary Inn and were extremely disappointed. We arrived a bit later and called in advance to let check in know. Upon arrival we were treated very poorly, almost as if we were inconveniencing the hostess. We were given a room in "The Barn." We should have known by the name it wasn't going to be any kind of luxury room. The room was completely out of date and the ceiling was extremely low. The bed was not comfortable. We were paying $140 a night, and expecting something a bit nicer. This price did include a continental breakfast or a "quick start" breakfast, which was average. We will NOT be returning to this resort, and will NOT recommend it to friends. Baddeck is a beautiful spot and we will find better accommodations elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear HappyinHali,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I apologize that your experience with us was not what you expected. I have passed along your poor staff encounter to our Front Office Manager and we both apologize the agent was not more welcoming. It is certainly not representative of the stellar service we strive for. With regard to your room, I apologize also. The 'Old Barn' is one of the original buildings at the resort and, therefore has a vast amount of history attached to it. We certainly could have moved you to a more desireable room if requested.

Jamie

Travelers are raving about these Baddeck hotels

Nova Scotia
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Enjoyed the Inverary Inn and the surrounding area. Service was good. Food just fine, The grounds are lovely even though I was there in the spring. I would stay here again and would like to go back for pleasure rather than business and in the summer or fall so as to more fully enjoy the outside,

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank darsie62
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear darsie62,

I would like to thank you for your review. You are most certainly welcome back at any time, for business or pleasure.

I hope you had a great summer!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We changed rooms, the first room had a mattress that was worn out completely, dirty flooring and no access to thinks like ice,drinks and was across the road from the main buildings.
The nice lady at the front desk offered to let us see three other rooms
Seemed like the old bait and switch trick to me. Upsale us by 60.00 per night to get a clean room with a good bed. hmmm.
We looked at another room and left immediately due to a strange bad smell. We can only guess that someone was just "Dextered in that room"
The room we settled on has a tv, which is 25% snow and the rest fuzzy picture. The toilet flushes half the time. But at least we slept well on the mattress. The place is far from what we are used to for a basic room of 160.00 per night on a Resort. Too bad, because the staff and the food was pretty good. The rest below average for any motel in Canada.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MrMethane
JamieBolduc01, General Manager at Inverary Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Dear MrMethane,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. I am sorry to hear that you felt that parts of our resort were not up to the standard you expected. I also apologize that you felt we pulled a ' bait and switch' on you, but I can assure you this was not the case. The upper level of our resort offers some of our best views of the Bras d'Or Lake, while at the same time offering our more economical rates. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the staff and food of the resort and I will be sure to share your comments with them. If you don't mind, can I have you send me an e-mail with your visit details so we can look at the bed in the first room you visited.

All the best,

-----------
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baddeck
Silver Dart Lodge
#3 of 7 in Baddeck
Broadwater Inn
Broadwater Inn
#3 of 17 in Baddeck

Been to Inverary Resort? Share your experiences!