“Very enjoyable stay”

Ranked #10 of 17 Baddeck B&B and Inns
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Very enjoyable stay”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed 2 nights and had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Room was comfortable and the host, Denise, was very gracious. The location is great, just minutes away from the Alexander Graham Bell Museum, and a perfect base from which to explore the Cabot Trail. Several other couples were staying there each day and conversation with the guests and with Denise was a great start for each day. Always had 3 choices for breakfast and those we had were very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bob R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mount Uniacke, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I just spent a great weekend here...excellent service and a beautiful and clean room. The weather wasn't the greatest, I found the bed a bit too soft (my wife found it exactly to her liking), and the TV was small...but the host did everything she could to make us comfortable. My point being, I didn't go there to watch TV, I wasn't expecting our host to predict how firm I like my bed, and it's not the owner's fault the weather didn't cooperate. Our expectations were reasonable, and they were far exceeded! Judging from some previous commenters, it appears that some clients expected nothing short of perfection - this is an older B&B in a rural part of Nova Scotia that is notorious for changing weather conditions. If you expect perfection and and an ability for the proprietor to predict all your personal tastes, you will probably be disappointed. However, if you are looking for a well kept accommodation with great service, a beautiful view, and owners that will treat you like old friends, you have come to the right place! For those of you in the latter category, I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Get the suite in the front, facing the bay; it has a big whirlpool tub and offers a beautiful view o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scotiabrit
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2012

An official tourist info office recommended this as a luxury B&B so we booked for 2 nights and drove directly there. Our room was adequate at best: no closet - just a coat rack, no space in bathroom for toiletries, dirty windows that did not open. Certainly not luxurious, as advertised. After we informed the manager that we wished to stay only one night, her cancellation policy of 72 hours notice was brought to our attention, and we were held to that. Heck, we had only booked a few hours ago --- on the same day! We were so unhappy that we decided to spend only one night, even though we were forced to pay for the two. This was our only unhappy experience in our 2 week Maritime holiday. Two good points: the breakfast was tasty, and we were well situated to visit the Alexander Graham Bell Museum.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank elsie003
Honeoye Falls, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Bell View is well situated just a short walk /drive out of Baddeck, with easy access to Cabot Trail, golfing,museums or for just goofing around. We were there during "Celtic Colours" and although we didn't partake, this b&b would be central to the various venues within Cape Breton.
Being in a heritage Victorian home, it is decorated for that time period. The rooms are clean, beds are very comfortable, breakfasts are delicious and the proprietor Denise & her staff are very courteous and helpful.
We had a wonderful 3 nights and would stay there again.
K & L
Rochester, NY

Room Tip: rooms on the front have beautiful views of Bras D'Or Lake
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laima B
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was excited to have a one night getaway with just my 5 month old and myself. A quiet room with a book.

At check in I was informed that I would have to pay for the mattress if the baby wet the bed. Did I have a crib? The room I was shown to did not have the space to set up a playpen and so I had lots of blankets to put under the baby in the event of a leak.

When bringing up my bags to my room I was stopped by the owner and basically told that if no crib no baby. Then (presumably) his wife starting talking very condescendingly to the lady at the front desk who had been more than kind. She kept saying:don't we all know this rule? I picked up my bags and left. On my way out I did inform the owner that she did tell me that you prefer cribs and that I had assurred her that I had adequate bankets to go under the baby.

I hope this helps any young families to choose another venue.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank mommyxyz
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Bell View is what a B&B should be. Located a minute' drive outside of Baddeck, it's set well back from the road, and Bras D'or Lake is on the other side of the road. Very quiet.

The B&B is in a heritage home, decorated for that period (with perhaps a bit too much faux greenery!). All five rooms are located on the second floor (no elevator), and are furnished with a quiet elegance. They're rooms in a heritage home, so they're definitely on the small side, and calling them "suites" really is a bit of a stretch. Our room (#5) had an ensuite with a large jet tub plus shower. There are adirondack chairs set out for enjoying the view, and there's a small dock on the lake as well.

Breakfast was served in a beautifully furnished formal dining room. There were three entree choices, which were served quickly and cheerfully.

We loved our stay here, slept like babies, and would highly recommend it. The only minor criticism is that their website doesn't provide enough information or photos - so I've included lots with this review.

Note that Google Maps doesn't understand this location - just look for the B&B on the shores of Bras D'or, near the golf course.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lomimu
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I and another couple were extremely pleased with our accommodations at the Bell View in Baddeck in mid June. The rooms with king sized beds were already booked when I called for reservations, but the queen sized rooms were more than adequate, and everything was spotlessly clean. The B&B is well decorated and appointed, the breakfast delicious and Denise (the owner) was very pleasant and helpful. You will not be disappointed with this B&B (and I can't understand the negativity in the previous post). We always stay at B&Bs throughout our travels in the US and abroad, and this B&B deserves very high marks. Go and enjoy yourself!

Room Tip: Quiet area - location of rooms not important.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple