Well.. to start off the trip, we entered the hotel.. We were greeted by a woman at the front desk.. To say the least she was unpleasant.. Barely spoke with us.. Just right to business.. Just gave us 1 key(asked for another), and told us where our room was.
Upon entering the room, we were greeted with a strong musty smell in the outdated room.. We had large stains in the carpet, hair on the pillows, and a musty odour that would not leave.. If you could get over the flaws of the room, it was relaxing..
The view of the Brad D'or Lakes, was decent. Although highway traffic does get loud at night.
The pool was clean, and nice. Water warm(heated) with chairs to sit, and a table with umbrella.
Well.. the food was good .. There was no service. Our server(young guy) must have been new.. We could see him talking about us to the woman at the front desk, by pointing at us.. We did not feel welcome as this spot at all..
We checkd out at 10am, and were met by a man at the front desk, he was nice. and greeted us (Wish he was there all weekend) Although he was unsure of our rate.. So I told him the rate, and he just erased what he had written down, and filled in the proper amount.
I would only recommend this hotel to people who were just staying the night for a pit stop, before they get to their nicer hotel..
If I were to do it again, I would pay a few bucks extra and stay in Baddeck, or 2 minutes down the 105 at a different motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under NEW Ownership in 2013 we are settled on the shore of the Bras d'Or Lake, this family run Motel sits on top of a beautiful hill overlooking the lake. We have a private beach and docking facility, and a heated in-ground pool. Our Cabot Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast and Dinner, with most seats providing amazing views of the lake. We are 5 minutes drive from the Village of Baddeck, and the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. A wonderful stop for two nights when traveling around the world famous Cabot Trail. We are a small, comfortable, CLEAN, family motel that specialize in making our guests feel at home. We are " A refreshing stop along the way..." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cabot Trail Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabot Trail Hotel Baddeck
- Cabot Trail Motel Baddeck, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island