This is a roadside motel - it's cheap, clean and comfortable, but nothing overly fancy. My father and I stayed here with our bulldog. It's fairly close to Baddeck and it's attractions, and it's easy to find. The room was clean, if a bit dated, and the knob on the air conditioner was broken, but still worked with some tweaking. The television was a bit small. Room was quiet at night and I got a good night's sleep.
The motel is overall average, but the staff are fantastic. While there, my father (a stroke survivor with limited use of his left leg and left arm) rolled his ankle and fell on his face. One staff member called the ambulance for me, another offered to pick us up at the hospital later. When he was discharged, they brought a card table to our room so we could eat in our room. Everyone was so concerned and so helpful. I couldn't have asked for anything better in a bad situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under NEW Ownership in 2013 we are settled on the shore of the Bras d'Or Lake, this family run Motel sits on top of a beautiful hill overlooking the lake. We have a private beach and docking facility, and a heated in-ground pool. Our Cabot Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast and Dinner, with most seats providing amazing views of the lake. We are 5 minutes drive from the Village of Baddeck, and the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. A wonderful stop for two nights when traveling around the world famous Cabot Trail. We are a small, comfortable, CLEAN, family motel that specialize in making our guests feel at home. We are " A refreshing stop along the way..." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cabot Trail Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabot Trail Hotel Baddeck
- Cabot Trail Motel Baddeck, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island