“Stop by for the baked goods”

Cedar House Bakery and Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Sydney, Canada
“Stop by for the baked goods”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

For years, we have been stopping by here for the excellent baked goods. We have eaten several lunches here as well. The fish chowder is excellent as well as the fish cakes. Service is attentive in spite of always being packed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Aafia

Sydney, Canada
“Fav place”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have been coming to the Cedar house for over 25 years, for everyday, after travelling, or special occations, they are so accomodating, the food is real and homemade, the portions are wonderful and so tastey, the prices are great, and the staff treats you like family; I haven't been back in 2 years because of travelling once and the waitress remembered me, my family, and what i ordered last time! Huge selection and a bakery. I would like to see them get licensed so I could have a glass of wine with their amazing chicken and mushroom fedichinni alfredo but still the best restaraunt in Cape Breton if not NS by far :) Thank you Cedar house, I wish you open all year round :)

• Visited August 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Wonderful food and friendly service”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We ate here on 18 September 2013 - sorry for the late review. The food was absolutely beautiful - very tasty. I had the corn chowder and my husband the seafood chowder. The service was excellent and staff very friendly. We had homemade apple pie - little different than what we have in Australia, but very nice.
I would eat here again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Visited September 2013
Sydney
“Best Gluten Free Food in Nova Scotia!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Being Celiac it can sometimes be difficult to find a good gluten free menu. I have to say, The Cedar House full gluten Free menu is amazing! We had gluten free hot turkey sandwich. The gravy was amazing as well as the gluten free dressing. It can be a bit slow waiting on your meal, but good food takes time and this is worth your wait!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank R S
Halifax
“Excellent Gluten Free Food!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had a hot hamburger sandwich for the first time in years due to a gluten allergy but they have a wonderful homemade hamburger patties on gluten free bread with gravy made with corn starch! Yummy and the best part was the gluten free apple pie. No one could tell the difference between the gluten free and the regular.

Excellent job keep up the great work!

• Visited September 2013