“Nice place to have lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild Caraway

Wild Caraway
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raamsdonksveer
“Nice place to have lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We liked the atmosphere of this restaurant.
Very laid back, with great tasting food.
My husband had the fish and chips which were very fresh and home made.
I had the seafood pasta with garlic, which was devine.
Shared the blueberry crunchy dessert, an excellent choice.

When you pass here, stop at this place, it is shorely worth a visit.

Toronto, Canada
“Birthday best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was one of the best meals I've ever had! The place is very warm inside and the staff were very attentive. We had a delicious amuse bouche of cauliflower & truffle soup with a fresh roll, a surprise start to our meal. I started with a rhubarb tom collins, but the drink selection is inspiring and playful, so you can choose from a selection of wine, beer and cocktails. As a vegetarian there were a few great choices. I had the tomato salad, and it was a terrific blend of complex & interesting, and simple and flavourful. I also ordered the chanterelle pasta with fresh peas and parmesan. It was exceptional! My husband had the fish and chips and the portion was huge, and he loved it. It was his birthday, so we had a wonderfully warming rhubarb and blueberry crisp. Everything about our meal was amazing! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Dartmouth, Canada
“a treasure off the beaten path!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

This restaurant totally lived up to our expectations, which were high, having read other reviews! The meal began with a delicious amuse bouche, followed by interesting and delicious appetizers . My friend chose to have a second appetizer as her main, but requested a salad as well. We have never seen a salad to match it in colour, variety of veggies, and freshness, and we suspect the ingredients were freshly picked from the garden at the back of the restaurant. I chose the halibut served with hodge podge, which was subtly flavoured and could have stood on its own as an appetizer. Unfortunately we did not have time for dessert, but the array looked wonderful!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Fresh and local - wild combination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I recently ate twice at the Wild Caraway while exploring the area of Advocate Harbour and the island of Isle Haute. Let me tell you that this restaurant was quite the surprise for such a little fishing village. the appetizers were divine and the main entries are so fresh and everything they use for ingredients is either local to the town or surrounding communities.

We had cattail pollen pancakes, Halibut and a mix of fresh fish from the sea. The owners and chefs of this establishment take great pride in the restaurant and I will certainly eating there in the future as I personally think this is one of Nova Scotia`s tastiest places to dine.

Warsaw, Indiana
“Maybe an off day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

It is probably impossible to meet diners' expectations when a restaurant such as Wild Caraway is blessed with very strong reviews. The pasta luncheon special was too spicy for my taste. In my opinion more than a few restaurants season Italian dishes too heavily. Seafood chowder was very good. Chocolate raspberry mousse was confusing. Was it a berry dessert garnished with chocolate mousse? I'm not overly critical. I would return and ask for chef's advice before ordering. The wait staff appear to be summer help. That's understandable, but the diners suffer from their lack of mature experience. Overall, I'm pretty confident Wild Caraway deserves it's good reviews. I think we caught them when they weren't at their best or didn't know how to receive their it.