“All around wonderful!”

Wild Caraway
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant is pretty amazing. The decor is whimsical and lovely, the food delicious, as are the drinks. It's well worth the trip to Advocate Harbour to eat at this gem. You may want to make a reservation ahead of time to avoid disappointment. We'll be repeat customers for sure!!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had heard so much about this restaurant that we had to try it. Lucky for us it was open on Monday, the day we arrived, because it was going to be closed the rest of the week. The meal was absolutely delicious, so was the wine. We were the only ones there, sitting at the window, as the sun was setting. A reputation well deserved!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had been told my numerous persons that this place was a "must do " even though it is a long way out of the city. They were correct and I was delighted both with the exquisite dinner on par with the Bicycle Thief or the Press Gang in Halifax and with the excellent breakfast. It helped to have a room right upstairs which looked out at the ocean and an excellent bed --great way to wake up

1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stumbled onto this restaurant on our way to Parrsboro and we totally loved it! The place is relaxed and unpretentious, they have funky delicious cocktails (I had the rose martini, made with rose petals water!) and the food is scrumptious! And the desserts!!! soooo good!
The service was great too and the best part, everything was so well priced. Super recommended.

1  Thank Pokemonika
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was my second visit, this time with my wife, and despite my hype based on my first experience, we were not disappointed! The Wild Caraway delivers top notch cuisine at near family restaurant prices! My wife and I chilled out for four hours (waiting for the fog to lift) over a relaxed lunch with hot tea, seafood pasta, a ploughman's and pear & walnut tart. I uploaded photos to my website and checked email via their wireless internet and my wife borrowed a guest room for a private phone call via skype. I learned they offer a B&B service but they were fully booked for that night so maybe next time. The Aussie Chef has created a culinary oasis in a scenic paradise. I will drive from Halifax again just for the package experience - the scenic drive - the dining experience at the Wild Caraway - and this time with B&B.