“Best meal of our trip!”

Sophia's Fine Dining at the Eriksen Premises
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Trinity
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sophia's at the Eriksen Premises is a casual fine dining restaurant offering a seasonal menu of dishes prepared with fresh, local ingredients fusing traditional cuisine with international inspiration. Gluten-free, Vegan & Vegetarian selections available.Sophia's at the Eriksen Premises belongs to the Newfoundland Experience collection of Heritage Inns and Dining located in Trinity & Carbonear.
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We got the last table here before seeing the show at the Rising Tide Theatre. The meal and service were fantastic. My only complaint was that the by the glass wine list was limited. We were very pleased to learn however that they served port wine - a good one which is hard to find in Newfoundland ;)

1  Thank 956amandaf

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We were 3 people. each of us went for 3 courses meals. My fiancee and her mom took 2 appetizers as i went for app and entree.
1) they had the scallops which were bordering too cooked as they were rubbery in nature and the sauce was hard on top. The salad was alright and most of her cod tongues were not even cooked.
2) i had cod tongues for appetizers which some were undercook and some well cook. I took the steak, ordered it medium-rare.. ended up more on the medium-well cook side. The steak was cold as the plate appeared to be sitting and waiting on the kitchen top for a little bit of time.

3) only good part of the meals were the dessert... they were all excellent. i had the bread pudding, my fiancee had the partridge berries tart and her mom the chocolate flourless cake.

as the overall experience, it was good except for the music. their cd kept bugging and the employees didn't see to notice at all. we had to tell them what was going on. some of the customers were laughing as it sounded like someone speaking on a vibrating chair. they finally just stopped the music.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Fine dining at its finest!! The service, food and presentation were wonderful. The only thing I felt could be improved was their availability of specific wines.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have been staying at the B and B for years but never ate at Sophia's, other than breakfast.
We were arriving after 8 pm and rather than drive around to another establishment, we decided to eat supper there. The place was far from full but while our server was friendly, she seemed distracted. We each ordered a glass of red wine ( she had to be reminded) and I wanted a refill on my water and never got it.

As for the food, the carrot ginger soup was plentiful but not much taste. My wife had the salmon and I had the pork tenderloin. The food looked lovely and a fairiy big amount of it but the noodles were the highlight of my wifes meal and while my tenderloin was tasty, the root vegetables accompanying it were bland. I was really surprised that we didnt get a bread basket or some rolls while we waited for our food. There seemed to be an awful lot of activity in the kitchen and lots of noise but not much production as we did have to wait a while.

Bottom line: Would not eat there again.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Enjoyed a very nice dinner with friends. Food was piping hot and plentiful ! Good service and love,y atmosphere! Recommended