“Peaceful, relaxing stay.”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

dmparadis...
Paradise, Canada
“Beautiful”
Reviewed August 8, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Beautiful location, very clean, everything you need available. Communication with the owner very quick and directions were clear. When we first arrived we were so excited by the beach, the view, the surrounding hills and the beautiful house. My only complaint, but for me it is a very important one, we didn't have any privacy. The local people would park their truck right in front of the living room window which looks out over the water and some would stare at us through the window while we were sitting on the couch. The privacy blinds in the window did not work and we felt very exposed, very disappointing. If this doesn't bother you, then it is an ideal place to stay.

Aug 10, 2016
Thank you very much for you feedback. It is very important to us. The recreational cod fishery in the area is open for 3 weeks from late July into August. I advise this to guest(s) when they book because some may embrace the experience and some may find lack of privacy (I apologize if I didn't inform you of this). I have yet to have any complaint in the 7 years of operation and I'm sorry to hear this. While I can't control the vehicle traffic on the beach I will ensure the blinds are in working order in the living room. Please visit us again some time in the off season of the recreational cod fishery. Again, thanks for you feedback.
Linda M
“Peaceful, relaxing stay.”
Reviewed July 18, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We loved are 3 day stay at Spurrell's Heritage Home. The instructions sent on how to get to the home and the signage on the way into the property were all very good and we had no difficulty finding the place.
We enjoyed sitting on the deck and watching the ocean and occationally the locals coming to fish. There was a good gas barbeque on the deck which we used a few times. There was also a fire pit that could be used but we didn't.
We only used one of the bedrooms but the bed was very comfortable and we had great sleeps, falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. The bath room was large and had all the necessary amenities.
The kitchen was a bit strange, with what I am sure was an add on, with the stove and fridge down a step from the main kitchen but not much of a problem.
Of the 5 houses we stayed in on our trip around Newfoundland, this was his favourite.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sitting on the deck, enjoying the view of the ocean.
Liked least: Small TV screen in livingroom.
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
Jul 19, 2016
Thank you so much for your review, I really appreciate it. The kitchen area, dining room, stairwell, landing and double bedroom was part of my Grandmother's home. I decided to keep the original layout as a bit of extra charm for the house when I was doing the renovation. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed July 13, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, comfortable cottage
Liked least: getting to the water's edge could be a little tricky for older people - but that's a natural feature of the landscape, not an issue with the property
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Jul 14, 2016
Julie, thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate that and strive to ensure all guest(s) enjoy there stay with us to the maximum potential. We look forward to accommodating you, your friends and family again some time. Thanks again.
sandrafor...
Gander, Canada
“WOW”
Reviewed June 29, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I loved it - had a great weekend, exploring Trinity and Bonavista. The cottage was beautiful and clean. The little cove was so peaceful and private. Waking up to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach - what could be more peaceful than that! I loved everything about this place - can't wait to come back for a visit next summer.

Jun 30, 2016
Hi Sandra. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We really enjoyed you staying with us. Hope to hear from you again some tome. Have a great summer!
phbcanada
Tiny, Canada
“Wow - Great house, Awesome location.”
Reviewed September 21, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Communication with Dustin was great. Property is exactly as pictured... Looking for a secluded getaway where you're basically the only place on the cove. This is it. Even though the weather was bad when we were there it was still great. House is clean, cozy and well equiped. Fantastic view.

Space is a bit tight for 6 people as one couple has to use the living room pull-out bed. More ideal would be 2-4 occupants.

Only a few minutes drive into Trinity or Port Rexton (Dock Marina restaurant in Trinity is great). Amazing coastal views everywhere. Great for photography.

Suggested minor improvements: more wine glasses, patio door not closing well, 2-ply bathroom tissue please, dish rack would be handy, window blinds in main room not staying closed.

Had a great stay. Would definitely rent again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location can't be beat.
Liked least: Kitchen layout is a bit wonky. Lighting could be better.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Sep 22, 2015
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad to hear your stay was an enjoyable one despite the weather. I agree with everything you mentioned. Maximum occupancy is 6 adults and this is stated online. A very low percentile of my guests have 6 adults accompanying. I will ensure there are more wine glasses, 2 ply tissue and correct the blind in the living room. The patio door requires an extra pull so it closes properly. Our sink is a standard double sink but I will purchase a drying rack and place it in one of the kitchen cabinets in the event a guest(s) requires it in the future. Again, thank you for your review and I hope to accommodate you again some time.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing