“We had a great morning on the zodiac”

Sea of Whales Adventures
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Trinity
ny
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“We had a great morning on the zodiac”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Kris and his lovelym new zodiac gave us a perfect 3 hours looking for whales and eagles. Kris is very knowledgeable about the sea and the birds and went the extra mile to make sure everyone was happy. We saw hundreds of dolphins and 3 fin whales -- it was a great day!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank 23anita

Kilkenny, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing experience with knowledgeable and experienced staff - go and see for yourself!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

It was my husband's first trip to Newfoundland and he was determined to see a whale while he was there. We went out of Princeton, Bonvista Bay on a rainy but flat calm day - but we were toasty warm and comfortable in the suits they provide. Shawna organised everything for us and got us on our way with Kris determined to give us the best trip he possibly could! We not only saw a minke whale and three humpbacks, but also harbour porpoises, guillmonts, terns, caves, etc. Kris pointed out the communities along the coast and gave us a little historical context for the area. When we saw the blow of the humpback whale in the distance Kris cut the motor and we watched the whale feed from a distance while enjoying a mug of hot chocolate and homemade treats. The whale became curious and came to check us out - up close and personal!! It was such an amazing encounter!!! We had an amazing adventure and can't recommend it enough!

Visited July 2012
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful Day with Sea of Whales Adventures!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We took a trip with Kris and his lovely wife Aug 2010. The day started out with a lot of fog so we were delayed... Kris made it up to us for sure!

Their passion for whales and wildlife is so wonderful to witness not to mention his knowledge. We not only saw humpback whales one came right up to us close and personal! I was sitting at the bow (front) of the boat on the starboard (right) side and the whale was right beside us and turned to avoid us... I saw his underbelly of white under the water a few feet down!!! It was one of the most amazing experiences I have had! I even had enough wits to take a picture of it! So cool.

Trinity Bay and Bonavista Bay are so beautiful - when we go back East that is where we want to stay for part of our trip...

I don't write stuff on Tripadvisor ever... but had to do this as you won't be disappointed by the tour, or by the owners!

Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Trip of a lifetime”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have been on the water with Kris and Shawna Prince many times. I am an avid whale naturalist, all things sea and bird and I would consider no other Captain to bring myself, my wife, and my three year old daughter out into the wild. We love the enthusiasm brought on by the entire staff, and Kris's knowledge and love of the ocean. Kris is patient on his approaches to the larger whales, never rushing, never chasing and before you know it, a Humpback whale has decided to watch you! This gentle technique is the only way to get those long, beautiful encounters with Humpback Whales, unless of course,12 Orcas decide to swim under the boat or 20 White beaked dolphins bow ride the Zodiac, or giant Fin Whales decide to lunge feed!
Fantastic crew and amazing wildlife encounters. Wherever the whales, the eagles and the beautiful coastal scenery are the most exciting, Kris and crew will take you there.

Visited August 2012
Newfoundland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Myself and my husband did a tour with Kris and his summer student a couple of weeks ago for my birthday and we got more than we could have asked for. Kris wasn't sure if we would see humpbacks becasue it was a really foggy day, but he didn't give up and low and behold, there they were. He shut of the engine about a 100 ft or so away from them and let them decide to come to us and they did. Kris truly respects these animals and the sea and we truly respect Kris and his staff for this. We had the pleasure of seeing a momma humpback and her calf and the calf was quite interested in us. He was so close that a young girl on the boat reached out and touched his tail! No worries about safety....the Zodiac is well equipped and we all wore floater suits. I can't wait to go back in August for our anniversary and perhaps see a sperm whale! I am hooked!!!!

Visited July 2012