“the name says it all”

Rugged Beauty Boat Tours
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Trinity
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The rugged beauty boat tour is all about the story. The narrative. The local perspective. And it is all about rugged beauty. Because of the mix of pictures with historic knowledge and because of the passion for the land, Bruce engaged us in a coastal tour along the shores and nearby islands that was fascinating. His website truly describes what he shares with tourists. We were lucky that day in that we saw lots of puffins, eagles and porpoises... no whales. But these were 'extras' and the fascination of the tour is really about the story. Thank you Bruce.

All reviews
"partridge berry jam"
"his life"
"beautiful coves"

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The owner is passionate concerning Newfoundland and the fishery. He also explained how resettlements by the govt affected his family and their friends. We saw puffins, eagles and great scenery. 12 people in the open boat. We had tea and cookies at his cabin in a cove.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to have a little stay-cation this year and choose to stay in the Trinity area. While looking up attractions in the area we came across Rugged beauty on trip advisor. Immediately I was impressed at the extremely high ratings so we decided to give it a try and I’m so happy we did. Our afternoon with Bruce was truly amazing. Tourism is truly his calling and he goes above and beyond to ensure his patrons have an enjoyable experience. We have been on many boat tours over the years and honestly have nothing that compares to the service Bruce offers. His passion and education he offers on resettlement is so important. You literally get the chills being brought to these communities and seeing pics of what the community used to look like. I will never forget being shown the church on Ireland’s eye in an old photograph compared to the limited structure that remains. His passion and sharing of his families experience offers great insight and a personal touch to a sensitive time in our history. The visit to Bruce’s cabin was a highlight and sums up his hospitality. Nothing makes you feel more like a friend than a cup of tea, some jam and a biscut at someone’s private haven. Thank you so Bruce, I’m extremely proud as a Newfoundlander to have you introduce tourists to our amazing province.

2  Thank Jma_shea
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have travelled to many places and have done many things, nothing compares to the tour Bruce Miller does. As a girl who grew up in Trinity Bay and moved away when I was 18, I truly didn't appreciate how breathtaking our land is or have a good understanding of the history behind the fishery and resettlement, this tour changed that. Uncle Bruce, the stories you shared, the pictures you showed and even the tea in the cabin was amazing and it most definitely was the highlight of my "vacation" home! I learned so much that day and I can't wait to come home to do it again! Keep doing what you do because its has to be Newfoundland's treasured things to do.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recently did this tour with a bunch of classmates as part of our reunion weekend. There is something about being out on the ocean in an open boat...it makes you feel alive! I sat backwards on the way in so I could better hear Bruce's commentary. I could see the waves cresting my shoulder to my left and as they crested to my right a rainbow appeared over each wave. Awesome! We saw a minke whale and several eagles. Bruce is very down to earth and clearly knowledgeable and passionate about his past. He is very adaptable and knows a good joke or two as well! We thoroughly enjoyed our stop at his cabin and our lunch. I was particularly taken with " Tom". { You'll have to do the tour to see what Tom is all about!}