We just had an amazing family ski vacation at Marblewood Village Resort.
We stayed in a 4 bedroom unit with two full baths and a half bath. There's a large kitchen with all the necessities (fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, dishes/cookware) and a lovely living area with leather couches, hardwood floors, a large tv and an electric fireplace. The dining table is large - good for larger families. There are large windows with a great view of Marble Mountain through the birches. The unit could comfortably sleep at least 14 people given all the single and double beds everywhere. Our kids just loved the upstairs; it is full of beds and is spacious with a lot of natural light along with another beautiful view of the hill.
The Resort is extremely close to Marble Mountain where we enjoyed two idyllic days of skiing at the world-class hill. If you wanted to enjoy a few après ski beers instead of driving, the resort is a five minute walk away. George's Mountain Village is right next to the Resort; there's a gas station, convenience store, liquor store and a premium ski/outdoor gear shop - just everything you could need. You're about a 10 minute drive from the shopping centres in Corner Brook where you can find grocery, sports store and restaurants if needed.
The staff at the resort were extremely friendly and accommodating - all our needs were looked after in terms of understanding what was nearby, some details on the hill and any extra amenities we needed. The unit was perfectly clean as well.
We would have a leisurely coffee in the mornings, enjoying the view, and after breakfast we'd head straight to the hill to enjoy the day. It was so convenient to be back at the unit minutes after the hill closed - ready to enjoy either a home-cooked meal or some take out (which wasn't far away as mentioned previously).
We will definitely stay again and would highly recommend this to any family or group looking for a super clean, comfortable and spacious place to stay near Marble Mountain - or for any visit to Corner Brook for that matter. The units seem well-suited to larger groups and would be perfect for reunion or wedding accommodations as well. We had a wonderful trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern fully self contained 1-4 bedroom condo units at the base of Marble Mountain, Steady Brook, Newfoundland - 5 mins from Corner Brook. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Marblewood Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marblewood Village Hotel Steady Brook
- Marblewood Village Resort Steady Brook, Newfoundland