“Pretty average”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Far from the best homestyle cooking we had in Newfoundland. The famous moose burgers are just a burger that happens to be from moose meat presented in a quite uninspired way. Gift shop is not bad and they do have the soft ice cream :<)

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This was across the street from our cabin. I think the prices are very high, even though your in a tourist area on a island. Only had one person serving and it took a while to get refills. Next time we will go up into town.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I ordered the roast moose dinner and my husband ordered the moose stew. The meat was not trimmed very well for the stew and my husband ended up with a lot of gristle and a big vein in his stew. The roast moose was very dry. The gravy was very thick - tasted as if it had been reheated several times.

My mother used to cook a lot of moose when I was a kid so I was looking forward to having moose when in Newfoundland - I was disappointed with this meal.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

It's hard to resist a place that has a billboard that says they have the best moose burgers! So glad we stopped off. The burgers were delicious. Our waitress was very nice and had a very caring manner about her, as she asked us how we enjoyed our meal. Prices were reasonable.
Wish we were staying in Rocky Harbour longer, as we would have wanted to try the other selections on the menu. It is located along the far end of Rocky Harbour, so you might think that the restaurants along the main intersection are the only ones in town. Drive a bit farther down to get to Earl's ... it's worth it! There is a nice little gift shop adjoining as well.
We would truly recommend Earl's!

Gail and Peter, Toronto, Ontario

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had great fish dishes and home-made pies of local berries which were delicious. Clearly a local favorite.