“Great Food”

Fisherman's Landing Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Service was quick and server very knowledgeable about their menu items. Enjoyed our meals. I had the moose meat dinner. Large portions. Enjoyed my first time Moose Meat dinner and enjoyed every bite. Wife had the seafood platter and she enjoyed her food as well. Great food and service.

1  Thank Allan L

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

this place was recommended to us for moose. I've had it once before years ago and wanted to try it again. We arrived about 1930hrs it was about half full, it looks very tired and rough space. We where seated about 10 minutes after arriving. There specials where mussels and moose, we ordered the mussels as app and moose for main. There was only one waitress who was nice but painfully slow, 15 min to get water, another 15 to get a drink another 15 to get mussels which where served cold and very rubbery, the main came and I'm not convinced it was even moose tasted like beef to me.

after diner we checked trip advisor and saw it's poor rating, it's at the bottom for a reason.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We were in Rocky Harbour for three days and had breakfast here twice. The wait staff was friendly and the service was as quick as it could be considering they were so busy. The food was delicious and the coffee was great.
We returned for dinner one night and my husband and I each had the Moose dinner which was scrumptious, hearty and more than enough food!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had dinner at the Fisherman's Landing last week during our trip to Gros Morne National Park and were not very impressed with our meals. The meals were overpriced and the food was just average. The rice was packaged Minute rice and they had margarine, not butter, on the table. Overall we were not impressed with the quality of the food.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were trying to find somewhere for a late lunch in Roxky Harbour or Norris Point. Everywhere seemed to be closed until dinner or had a limited menu due to the time - mid afternoon. I have celiac disease and so finding somewhere to eat was proving to be difficult. I was uncertain of Fishermens Landing as it seemed a hamburger hot dog place and they seldom have anything gluten free. Was I wrong. First off, when I said I had Celiac Disease she got me a gluten free menu and told me they where gloves when cooking to ensure no contamination. The pizza had a variety of choices including gluten free pizza. Thin crust with lots of toppings. Truly delicious. My husband is from Montreal and is always on the lookout for a good hot dog and fries. Again delicious. The bun was the toasted sandwich style. He also had the pea soup and it was excellent. The service was friendly and efficient. I can be a picky restaurant person (ask all who know me) and was very impressed.

1  Thank kt4910