“Awesome Accommodations”
Review of C & G Cabins

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rocky Harbour
C & G Cabins
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rocky Harbour
Paradise, NL
“Awesome Accommodations”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If your looking for a place to stay in Rocky Harbour, contact Chris and Gail at C&G Cabins. Everything is clean and everyone is friendly. Best place to stay in Rocky Harbour - not too close to the water so you don't get the cool winds in off the bay. Give them a try - you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Two cabins and 2 housekeeping units and one motel room. Book Early if you are going in the summer...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank HMJL

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The unit was very clean, spacious and had all necessities. Everything was in perfect working condition. Wifi connection had full access throughout the entire unit. The decor was a little outdated but in new condition. This place is pet friendly, which is greatly appreciated, and the owner Gail was a sweetheart!

• Stayed August 2012
Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed in Cabin 5 which was right in front of the swings/slide; this was great for keeping an eye on our daughter. The cabin was very clean and had everything you need to prepare your meals in the kitchen or on the BBQ Rooms could be very warm at night so you need something to move the air; this may be something Chris or Gail would provide, we never asked. Also, wireless internet in Cabin 5 is mostly unuseable (1 laptop, 2 cell phones) but does work fairly well outside on the deck. This was brought up before checkout so it may be resolved sooner rather than later. Overall, we had a great experience at a great location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
regina, sk
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was late checking in and Gail knew I was travelling alone so she phoned me to make sure I was OK. She was so friendly and chatty and instantly made me feel welcome. I stayed in one of the motel rooms and it was simple but the bathroom was quite nice and the room was spacious. I wish it had a phone but otherwise there was nothing missing. The cabins are well located in Rocky Harbour and near the main road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank travelaholic_111
marine city MI
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We made our reservation for a cabin in Oct 2010 for Aug 2011. There was at least 5 emails back & forth between myself & C&J. then I received a message in July -why had I not showed up for my stay! I called, the lady who answered the phone said we were booked for July & had missed our reservation. i emailed her a copy of our confirmation, clearly stating we had a res. for Aug. The lady on the phone, not the owner but an employee, was very nice. She said the date obviously had been recorded incorrectly by them in their book She said the owner would call me. I was quite upset, as we were coming from another country for this trip, it was our 30th anniversary, and all the plans were set. It was also a great expense for us. And I had read online there was little chance of getting a last minute accomodation. Well- I did not get a call from the owner. She only sent me an email- she had made a mistake, she had booked the cabin for someone else, and she now had no accomodation for us. Not even the courtesy of a call. And why were we denied the reservation for someone else,when we had made ours first? Were they paying more,staying longer, a family friend? I was flabergasted & frankly at this point in tears. I began calling all over Rocky Harbor (at international rates!) trying to find something. I couldn't hide my distress from the folks I spoke to, and told them what had happened. Most were very nice, some even volunteered to call around for me, something C&J did not volunteer to do. In a few hours C&J did call me, and the owner states this "I"ll help you look for something, but not if you're going to bad mouth me all over town!" So she never volunteered to help me until someone let her know I was desperatly trying to find another place. I took her help, swallowing my pride, as I was desperate. She found me Parsons Home (which we loved).
I understand mistakes happen & that's not what upset me. It was the way she handled it. This lady couldn't have cared less about our situation, we didn't even rate call until she was feeling threatened that her reputation would be damaged. I have hesitated to write this review, because I had read another unfavorable review of this place, & the owners reply was so critical of the reviewer, I feel she will just try & vilify me as well.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank claire-dogs
, Owner at C & G Cabins, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
I do believe I apologized and found a place for you to stay. I didn't get back to you right away as I was working and as soon as I got off work I went around town and phoned different places to get you accomodations like I said I did apologize and feel really sorry that you had to make a negative comment about my business. I have been in business for 11 years and I go far and beyond to make my guests feel at home and I am sure they will agree with me.
Vancouver
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Our 1 br. unit was part of the building housing the office and other quarters, so occasionally we heard others. Otherwise the location, away from the waterfront, was quiet. Size was good, we appreciated having a bathtub and kitchen, although the eating table was small. The sofabed in the living area squeaked a bit. Windows were on 2 sides and there were good breezes. This is a decent inexpensive choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank StChris
toronto
Reviewed July 18, 2011

A good place to stay - comfy, clean and close to everything. Renovated nicely as well. Keep up the great work!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 4 in Norris Point
Sugar Hill Inn
Sugar Hill Inn
#2 of 4 in Norris Point

Been to C & G Cabins? Share your experiences!