“fouled up our reservation, left us out to dry” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of C & G Cabins

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rocky Harbour
C & G Cabins
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rocky Harbour
marine city MI
“fouled up our reservation, left us out to dry”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

We made our reservation for a cabin in Oct 2010 for Aug 2011. There was at least 5 emails back & forth between myself & C&J. then I received a message in July -why had I not showed up for my stay! I called, the lady who answered the phone said we were booked for July & had missed our reservation. i emailed her a copy of our confirmation, clearly stating we had a res. for Aug. The lady on the phone, not the owner but an employee, was very nice. She said the date obviously had been recorded incorrectly by them in their book She said the owner would call me. I was quite upset, as we were coming from another country for this trip, it was our 30th anniversary, and all the plans were set. It was also a great expense for us. And I had read online there was little chance of getting a last minute accomodation. Well- I did not get a call from the owner. She only sent me an email- she had made a mistake, she had booked the cabin for someone else, and she now had no accomodation for us. Not even the courtesy of a call. And why were we denied the reservation for someone else,when we had made ours first? Were they paying more,staying longer, a family friend? I was flabergasted & frankly at this point in tears. I began calling all over Rocky Harbor (at international rates!) trying to find something. I couldn't hide my distress from the folks I spoke to, and told them what had happened. Most were very nice, some even volunteered to call around for me, something C&J did not volunteer to do. In a few hours C&J did call me, and the owner states this "I"ll help you look for something, but not if you're going to bad mouth me all over town!" So she never volunteered to help me until someone let her know I was desperatly trying to find another place. I took her help, swallowing my pride, as I was desperate. She found me Parsons Home (which we loved).
I understand mistakes happen & that's not what upset me. It was the way she handled it. This lady couldn't have cared less about our situation, we didn't even rate call until she was feeling threatened that her reputation would be damaged. I have hesitated to write this review, because I had read another unfavorable review of this place, & the owners reply was so critical of the reviewer, I feel she will just try & vilify me as well.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank claire-dogs
, Owner at C & G Cabins, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
I do believe I apologized and found a place for you to stay. I didn't get back to you right away as I was working and as soon as I got off work I went around town and phoned different places to get you accomodations like I said I did apologize and feel really sorry that you had to make a negative comment about my business. I have been in business for 11 years and I go far and beyond to make my guests feel at home and I am sure they will agree with me.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

Our 1 br. unit was part of the building housing the office and other quarters, so occasionally we heard others. Otherwise the location, away from the waterfront, was quiet. Size was good, we appreciated having a bathtub and kitchen, although the eating table was small. The sofabed in the living area squeaked a bit. Windows were on 2 sides and there were good breezes. This is a decent inexpensive choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank StChris
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

A good place to stay - comfy, clean and close to everything. Renovated nicely as well. Keep up the great work!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank westyboy
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

We spent 6 nights at C &G July 3-9, 2011. Our family of 5 had ample space in the 2 bedrooms and on the futon in the living area. The cabin was very clean and well equipped. The only thing missing, which we have appreciated in other cottage rentals, was salt and pepper, etc. Gail met us warmly and her daughter-in-law checked in with us daily to make sure we had everything we needed, including fresh towels! That we were not expecting! Unfortunately, you cannot see the water from the cabins, but it is within a 10 minute walk. The kids enjoyed the play structure and we found the location very central for our trips throughout the park.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank TanyaRad
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

We did not meet Chris but Gail is a sweetie and we were made to feel so welcome. We had one of the units right next to the office but felt like we were away from everything. The price is super low for what you get--a spacious living room/kitchen area with table and chairs but not at all crowded. A large and comfortable bedroom. The TV reception isn't so hot but we were so tired from our journey we soon feel asleep, listening to the clock radio. There is a gas grill for each unit, complete with gas and the kitchen is fully equipped with plates, pans, utensils, microwave, range, fridge, coffee maker, all scrupulously clean. When we arrive, later than anticipated, Gail had left us a note and instructions to phone her. She was down to welcome us in a few minutes and we had such a nice time getting to know her and learn about the area. I would recommend this place and would stay here again in a minute!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank patj0hn
Paradise, NL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

My visit of two nights, twice during the month of August, was number one accommodations. Gail and Chris were exceptional with their vast knowledge of the area, and everything was so clean and homey, that one could not ever give them a negative review. I would recommend staying there to anyone visiting Rocky Hr - just book early, as the cabins are first to go. Well done, Gail and Chris.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank HMJL
san jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

We stayed two nights at C&G but we wished we had more time there. This was incredibly affordable for the amenities it provided. We had our own little apartment with a living room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen was fully equipped with pots and pans and toasters. There are also bbq grills and picnic tables outside for a large picnic.

It was close to western brook mountain and the gros morne mountain trail. Rocky Harbour in general is a much more developed and interesting area in Gros Morne compared to Trout River or Woody Point. And in Rocky Harbour, there is a fresh seafood market close by the cabin where we bought some lobsters, trout and mussels. We cooked it in the kitchen and grill and ate in the dining room. It was the best, most cost efficient I've had in years.

The only downside to the cabins is that when it's windy, you could hear the ceiling and the walls a little. It doesn't seem like the sturdiest place. Nevertheless, the next time I come to Gros Morne, I am staying at C&G cabins the entire time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Cow Head
Neddies Harbour Inn
Neddies Harbour Inn
#1 of 4 in Norris Point

Been to C & G Cabins? Share your experiences!