“A hilarious show”
Review of Anchors Aweigh

Anchors Aweigh
More attraction details
Owner description: Filled with renditions of popular Newfoundland and Labrador songs and tunes, sprinkled with one-liners and wit and occasional display of culture, this group of five has become one of the most widely-attended acts in the whole province. Almost by accident, and practically overnight, the ANCHORS AWEIGH band has found its way onto the list of "things-to-do" for local residents and visitors alike.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I enjoyed this show a lot. The band had me tapping my toes and laughing so hard I almost wet myself. I did not enjoy how hot and stuffy the room was, but I endured it because the entertainment was so wonderful. The service was not great as I only saw a waitress once in my section. My advice is to get there early for a better seat selection than I had and perhaps you will see a waitress more often.

2  Thank Belt Drive Bett... C
There are newer reviews for Anchors Aweigh

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I liked The lads were very entertaining...don't go expecting to eat...go for the show...I asked my B&B hosts to make a reservation for me..worked well

1  Thank Wply
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Saw these guys in August 2013. As others have said, the place fills up 2 hours a head of the performance so get there early and have your dinner in the pub. The fellows in the show also do run a boat tour in the local community a 10 minute drive away and if you take that tour after you've seen the show, you'll still won't be bored. Wonderful fantastic way to spend an evening. I'd go back to see the same show over and over again if I had the chance.

3  Thank Marilyn A
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This group is hilarious, especially when one of them did rapid costume changes to depict seven old ladies. The music is very loud in the htel pub, but comes over much better on recordings. An interesting introduction to Newfoundland culture and music.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you have the chance, you must go to the Anchors Aweigh show at the Oceanview hotel. The show is funny, entertaining, and will be one of the highlights of your trip. I know it was for mine!

1  Thank upsydaisydoo