“Awesome tour”

BonTours Boat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on any or all of our four amazing boat tours with live commentary, and experience the beauty of Gros Morne National Park. Each of these tours has it’s own unique offering. Cruise the two connected fjords of scenic Bonne Bay on our Bonne Bay boat tour, witness the inland fjord of Western Brook Pond on our Western Brook Pond boat tour, examine the marine life on our Bonne Bay Discovery boat tour, or relax and enjoy the sunset on our Bonne Bay evening cruise complete with local entertainment and refreshments.
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Today was a perfect day for our tour of Western Brook Pond. The views were amazing. We missed getting tickets on the first two trips but they added a third for us extras. The crew was great.Truly a tour not to be missed.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 24 reviews
"western brook pond tour"
in 36 reviews
"rock formations"
in 8 reviews
"norris point"
in 20 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
in 3 reviews
"entertaining tour"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great tour! Lovely boat, a great investment of your time! All of the staff are genuinely local and are lovely to talk to, I would definitely go again if i got the chance. Would recommend to all types of travelers. They don't mention tips but they definitely seem to appreciate them, at least the kind lady i tipped did!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This 2-hour boat tour explores Bonne Bay and is an enjoyable way to spend some time on the water. While it isn't exciting, it does give an excellent look and information on the Bay, covering history, geology and personal experiences of the crew who live in the area.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

What an amazing way to spend 2 hours! Cruising the Bonne Bay was a wonderful way to experience this spectacular part of Newfoundland. Smack in the middle of Gros Morne National Park, Norris Point is the base for the tour boat. We participated in a mid-day Tales, Trails and Tunes Festival boat cruise that featured a musical performance on board mid-way through the tour. Our tour guide Wayne Parsons was most knowledgeable about the region so we got an excellent overview of the history and geological significance of the area. He also has a wicked sense of humor which added to our total experience.
The boat is large enough to make you feel comfortable with lower closed in viewing area as well as a upper deck with lots of seating so you can see the sights. We didn't spot any whales (a little too early in the season).
Don't miss the opportunity to see the spectacular views from the water, it can only be appreciated once you are out there..

See more reviews
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I planned to take my mother here for her 50th birthday, a surprise before going to Marble Mountain. I called this company and talked to them on the phone FOUR times (because I had to change the date of the tour tried going on). And not ONCE in that four times did ANYONE ever tell me that where I buy the ticket is NOT where the boat is. I arrived 25 minutes before the tour started...only to be told by another customer that the boat is actually no where near the ticket office, plus there's a hike to the boat.

No one EVER told me ANY of this on the phone. I talked to Marble Mountain once...and they informed me I needed to be there 30 minutes early. Why was it so hard for this company? The girl at the counter still tried to sell me the tickets to a tour she knew I wouldn't make (it was only the courtesy of the other customer that saved me this extra hassle).

When contacted by phone again to deal with this company, I was told it was my fault because I didn't read the directions properly on the website. Except...I DIDN'T USE THE WEBSITE.

I am so disappointed in this company, they never offered me any compensation or even another tour date for ruining what was supposed to be a fantastic 50th birthday.

3  Thank samantha s
BonTours, General Manager at BonTours Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

First and foremost, I would like to apologize on behalf of BonTours about the terrible experience that you encountered trying to get on the boat tour. Myself and the staff will be having a meeting about this issue and it will be resolved. I just want you to know that, if you are ever in the Gros Morne Area again in the future please ask to speak to the manager and I will indeed assure you that you will be compensated for your horrible experience. Again, I am sincerely sorry about what took place.