“Entertaining Trip”

BonTours Boat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on any or all of our four amazing boat tours with live commentary, and experience the beauty of Gros Morne National Park. Each of these tours has it’s own unique offering. Cruise the two connected fjords of scenic Bonne Bay on our Bonne Bay boat tour, witness the inland fjord of Western Brook Pond on our Western Brook Pond boat tour, examine the marine life on our Bonne Bay Discovery boat tour, or relax and enjoy the sunset on our Bonne Bay evening cruise complete with local entertainment and refreshments.
Ottawa, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Entertaining Trip”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This 2-hour boat tour explores Bonne Bay and is an enjoyable way to spend some time on the water. While it isn't exciting, it does give an excellent look and information on the Bay, covering history, geology and personal experiences of the crew who live in the area.

Visited June 2014

Mississauga, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Captivating”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

What an amazing way to spend 2 hours! Cruising the Bonne Bay was a wonderful way to experience this spectacular part of Newfoundland. Smack in the middle of Gros Morne National Park, Norris Point is the base for the tour boat. We participated in a mid-day Tales, Trails and Tunes Festival boat cruise that featured a musical performance on board mid-way through the tour. Our tour guide Wayne Parsons was most knowledgeable about the region so we got an excellent overview of the history and geological significance of the area. He also has a wicked sense of humor which added to our total experience.
The boat is large enough to make you feel comfortable with lower closed in viewing area as well as a upper deck with lots of seating so you can see the sights. We didn't spot any whales (a little too early in the season).
Don't miss the opportunity to see the spectacular views from the water, it can only be appreciated once you are out there..

Visited May 2014
St. John's, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“HORRIBLE experience!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I planned to take my mother here for her 50th birthday, a surprise before going to Marble Mountain. I called this company and talked to them on the phone FOUR times (because I had to change the date of the tour tried going on). And not ONCE in that four times did ANYONE ever tell me that where I buy the ticket is NOT where the boat is. I arrived 25 minutes before the tour started...only to be told by another customer that the boat is actually no where near the ticket office, plus there's a hike to the boat.

No one EVER told me ANY of this on the phone. I talked to Marble Mountain once...and they informed me I needed to be there 30 minutes early. Why was it so hard for this company? The girl at the counter still tried to sell me the tickets to a tour she knew I wouldn't make (it was only the courtesy of the other customer that saved me this extra hassle).

When contacted by phone again to deal with this company, I was told it was my fault because I didn't read the directions properly on the website. Except...I DIDN'T USE THE WEBSITE.

I am so disappointed in this company, they never offered me any compensation or even another tour date for ruining what was supposed to be a fantastic 50th birthday.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank samantha s
BonTours, General Manager at BonTours Boat Tours, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
First and foremost, I would like to apologize on behalf of BonTours about the terrible experience that you encountered trying to get on the boat tour. Myself and the staff will be having a meeting about this issue and it will be resolved. I just want you to know that, if you are ever in the Gros Morne Area again in the future please ask to speak to the manager and I will indeed assure you that you will be compensated for your horrible experience. Again, I am sincerely sorry about what took place.
Toronto, Canada
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Western Brook Pond Boat Tour”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We booked via telephone the day before, once we were certain of the weather forecast, and had no problems getting three spots on the 3pm tour even in mid-July. There is a significant hike to the departure point (3km) but it's a level, well marked, well maintained trail. We enjoyed the hike and, on the way back, had a moose sighting so keep your eyes peeled! The vessel was full but everyone had seats and it was very easy to see and to take photos. Bring binoculars if you have them. The tour commentary was well done and really helped us appreciate the geological formations and geography that created this fjord-like lake. Don't forget, because it's inside Gros Morne National Park, you need to present a valid Park Pass to collect your tickets.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TorontoJK
Louisville, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bon Tours Westin Brooke boat tour at Gros Morne”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had called weeks in advance to find out about tour. I was told the walk to boat was very easy . even Wheel Chair accessible. Also I asked about going on Late tour. I was told that they sometimes don't have enough for that tour but all other were usually a go.. If I wanted to find out about late tour I needed to call day of.. Well everything was a lie. Walk was easy if in shape.. and no way could you take a wheelchair.. Elderly people would have a very difficult time doing the walk.. When we arrived at our scheduled time 330 pm I believe . they informed us they were not going out ..... Not enough people to go.. I was Pissed ..this was one of the only things I was wanting to do on my limited time in Newfoundland. and it was ruined... No warning . no phone call. just Oh were not going. There were 8 other people there so with us that would have made 10 to go. and all they would say is its canceled. I was going to hike the mountain and we decided to do this to save time.. WHAT A WASTE. TOTLLY RUINED PART OF MY TRIP FOR SURE.. Be careful if going.. Make sure you call and allow and check .. I don't think I would still trust them... I would arrange for a early trip so if they cancel that one maybe you can catch another for that day.. We didn't get that respect as it was second to last trip of day and they weren't going on the 530 one either .. I would probably hike in future. as not to depend on them .. The Rose Blanche lighthouse on the Southwest coast of Newfoundland . Made up for the disappointment at Gros Morne It was amazing .. especially if you can go at dusk...

Visited August 2013