“Went like a dream”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Harbour
Anchor Down Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Rocky Harbour B&B and Inns
Montecchio Emilia, Italy
“Went like a dream”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Everything in this B&B went like a dream. The householders are very nice and extremely helpful (helped us with the tickets of a local show, with bike rentals, etc). B&B is a modern house, well equipped, confortable and quiet. Breakfast was full of fresh fruit (not so usual in Newfoundland) and well cooked specialities.
Definitely a good choice for us, and an ideal base for exploring Gros Morne national park.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LoBe69

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Den Bosch
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in June 2011.
This place + their owners are very good. When visiting Rocky Harbour, you must stay here and enjoy the hospitality!

First of all the friendlyness of the owners, Vera and Dave. Very kind, very helpful and a great hospitality!

The room was big and clean; the bed was very good, the bathroom was clean and spacious with clean, fresh towels. The breakfast is awesome: eggs, potatoes, ham, bacon, fruit, yoghurt, toast. You name it and the serve it to you.

Location is good too. Not on a busy road, but still right in the middle of Gros Morne Park. Rocky Harbour features some good restaurants too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Multax
Girdwood, Alaska
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This was the first of my stops in Newfoundland and I am almost positive it will be the best, though I am staying at 5 other places before I depart. I stayed for 2 nights, the hosts are fantastic, breakfast is mind-blowing, my room was spectacular (as was the jacuzzi!) I received quite a few recommendations on where to go, and had an incredible time. Everything about this B&B exceeded my expectations... I came as a solo traveler, wanting peace and quiet and everything was absolutely perfect. I literally wish I was still there. The location is perfect, everything was immaculate. I could not have had a better time, and the owners could not be better people! If I end up back in Rocky Harbour, I will be staying at Anchor Down again!

Room Tip: Get the jacuzzi and show up for breakfast hungry!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank tyrannosauruswrx
Odenville, Alabama
Reviewed June 16, 2011

My husband and 2 children stayed at Anchor Down for 2 nights while in Newfoundland June 2011 and wish we had stayed longer. Our hosts Vera and Dave were fabulous. They were always available and made us feel like their home was ours. Their house is immaculate and the rooms extremely comfortable. The beds were cozy with down comforters and quilts - all cotton bedding. The highlight of my trip to NL was when Vera so gracioulsly took me to Norris Point and gave me a tour of her homeplace. The breakfast every morning was fresh and delicious with large portions and all the coffee and juices you want. My children (17 and 23) felt so at home. Vera is one of the kindest, warmest people I have ever met. I read where someone gave a good review but a negative was no view. You dont need one, you see a view all day while you are in the park. It is a trade-off for having a real home away from home.

Room Tip: ALL rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in River of Ponds
Seabreeze B & B
Seabreeze B & B
#1 of 3 in Cow Head

Been to Anchor Down Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!