“Couldn't ask for more. Would stay here again.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Evergreen Bed & Breakfast

Evergreen Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Harbour
Evergreen Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 10 Rocky Harbour B&B and Inns
Smiths Falls, Canada
“Couldn't ask for more. Would stay here again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Evergreen for 4 nights on a tour of Gros Morne park and the west coast of Newfoundland. The owners are very friendly and gave us lots of good recommendations for restaurants and attractions. We also got some good advice for hiking trails in the area and for climbing Gros Morne mountain (we even bought some homemade jam to make sandwiches for once we got to the top). One thing we liked were the different breakfast options and different times you could select to eat. Overall, this was a great place to stay and was a good price, too.

P.S. I read some of the negative reviews posted earlier and couldn't disagree more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave D

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

This was our first B&B experience in Canada and it was a good surprise. A clean bedroom and bathroom, different choices of breakfast formula with homemade-jam. Sarah and Carson (owners) are nice and friendly, giving advices, tips and more if you need.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArnoToronto
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

From the moment we arrived, we knew that staying with Sarah & Carson was going to be a welcoming & low-key experience. We were two hikers preparing to tackle a 7-day hike in Gros Morne National Park, and Carson was able to provide insightful information about what to expect. The pancakes in the morning were just the ticket to get us going on our hiking trip, and when we returned 7 days later, it was just like coming home. Sarah & Carson went out of their way to help us out when we needed a ride into town, or suggestions on where to eat dinner. We definitely recommend this B&B!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LW_in_TO
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Sarah and Carson share their home freely, are welcoming but not intrusive. Relaxed atmosphere, birds on the feeder at the kitchen window. Carson is a wealth of knowledge on the flora and fauna of Newfoundland, especially the plants. Sarah serves a hearty breakfast with a variety of home-made jams. Thanks again for the good advice on how much water to carry up Gros Morne Mountain and letting us dry our gear on your sunny deck! Carson and Sarah go out of their way to help you enjoy your holiday in Gros Morne. We enjoyed our conversations very much!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pearl F
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed at Evergreen on the nights of June 29 and July 1st 2011. We were welcomed into Sarah and Carson's house with a cup of tea, spent two extremely comfortable nights followed by very nice breakfasts. Carson's local knowledge of the trees, birds and animals of the Park kept us asking questions for hours. What a delight!
We recommended this B & B to two other B&Bers we met up near St Anthony.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Wallacetown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

My three-night stay at Evergreen was my first B & B experience. I'd give it a big thumbs up!
I enjoyed the warm, relaxing atmosphere where guests were welcomed like friends.
The accommodations were clean and comfortable. I appreciated the fact that a bathroom was available for each room.
A delicious assortment of breakfast menu options made choosing ONE the most difficult decision I made during my vacation! I also liked being able to choose from the different times that breakfast was served.
Thanks for a memorable time. If I ever happen to revisit the Gros Morne area, I'd be sure to stay at Evergreen, a home away from home.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

I had a very pleasant stay here - a comfortable room, and it was nice to have our own bathroom. Breakfast was delicious-the assortment of homemade jams was a real treat! Even though Sarah had to be away with a sick relative, Carson did everything in his power to make sure we were well looked after (I've never seen a man do so much laundry!) I found him to be a kind and gentle soul, and my friend and I had lots of laughs around Carson's kitchen table with him and the other guests. I'd go back in a flash, and would recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: Book early