“Comfortable cottage with beautiful outlook”
other travelers have booked this property
Here you can sit and relax, bbq, drink wine and watch the beautiful scenery all around
Livingroom Livingroom
smaller bedroom
View from property
Newly Renovated kitchen
Kitchen
Livingroom, from a different anlge
View from Drive way
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Cottage -
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 5
Rocky Harbour, Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 12 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
LawrenceD...
“Comfortable cottage with beautiful outlook”
Reviewed September 5, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Mountain View cottage is spacious yet cosy, comfortable with all amenities, provides laundry facilities and is only a couple of minutes drive from Rocky Harbour. Location in the trees with outlook of lake and Gros Morne mountain beats the bare landscape and winds of coastal Rocky Harbour. Correspondence with the owner was promptly and helpfully answered. We suggest to anyone planning a self-catering stay in Rocky Harbour to buy supplies at Deer Lake or elsewhere because what is available in Rocky Harbour stores is limited and disappointing in quality. Perhaps we were unlucky to be shopping on days between the delivery truck but folk we met elsewhere in NFLD held the same view.

Your age range 65+
Sep 8, 2017
Thank you for your review, we loved having you stay with us!
I will add your suggestion about supplies to my information email to all my future guests. Good Point.
Thank you and have a beautiful autumn!
Janice R
“Laid back, well stocked. Our favourite of all our NL rentals.”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My husband and I were accommodated at the last minute in early June due to another cottage being problematic for us. It felt so GOOD to spread out into a clean, comfortable space with a fantastic view of Gros Morne. We had a few good evening walks in the area when we returned from our sojourns into the park. It is as shown in the pictures. WiFi was fine. The location was nicely central to what we wanted to do at either end of the park and easy to find. I would go back to this rental for a next try at the Gros Morne area. My only problem is that the mattresses were a little too hard for me, but that's a preference really. I loved the painted kitchen cabinets!

Your age range 50-64
Aug 24, 2017
Hello Janice,

Thanks for your review! I am glad you liked the kitchen cabinets :)
I am sorry about the mattresses, I will see what we can do to help other guests that feel the same about the bed(s).
I am glad you got some good days to enjoy the area, one never knows what the weather will be like, sometimes you get all 4 four seasons in a day!
Enjoy the rest of the summer!
ElleyMaeJ
Edmonton, Alberta
“Enjoyed Rocky Harbour and Mountain View Cottage”
Reviewed July 21, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Mountain View Cottage is a great place to stay in the Gros Morne area. The kitchen was well-stocked, it was nice and clean and we enjoyed the quiet in the evenings. The road is a little noisy during the day (it's the main road to Norris Point) but it wasn't a problem. Tunde was very accommodating and friendly - a delight to communicate with. She provided a lot of interesting and helpful links for sights and activities in the area. A lovely property - so glad we found it!

Aug 2, 2017
Thank you for your review, it was our pleasure to have you stay with us! If you have your ways past again at some point please let us know and we would love to have you stay with us again!
Have a great rest of summer:)
429Cottag...
Ottawa, Canada
“This was the highlight of our trip!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Gros Morne was breathe taking. The mountain view cottage was beautiful. In a very central spot. Spotless! Mona was such a wonderful lady. My husband & I visited them one evening. Tom enjoyed talking to Mona's husband. Could you please thank Mona again for her baking. We would definitely recommend this location and hope to return ourselves.

Jul 19, 2017
Thank you for your wonderful words. I will definitely tell Mona and Gus, they will be so happy to hear your kind comments. I agree, Mona's baked goods are out of this world! :)
We would love to have you back anytime:)
Have a great rest of summer!
picla2017
Sudbury, Canada
“Quaint!”
Reviewed July 13, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This cottage is cozy and comfortable. It is well-stocked with towels, blankets, pillows, and basic kitchen needs. Having laundry access was a definite bonus. The rooms were sufficiently spacious. We were very happy there. It was a great jumping-off point from which to explore Gros Morne National Park.

Jul 24, 2017
Thank you for your review! It was great having you stay with us!
Diana M
Grand Rapids, Minnesota, United States
“Cute little cottage in the middle of Gros Morne park”
Reviewed July 3, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My husband and I stayed here as a base camp for our Gros Morne National Park explorations. The cottage is on a quiet road between Rocky Harbour and Norris Point. It was wonderful to go out hiking all day and come back to this comfortable cottage where we could cook dinner and relax with some wine on the deck. The cottage has everything you need - pots and pans, dishes and glassware, fluffy towels, bedding and even a washer and dryer. Rocky Point is only a few kilometers away with restaurants and groceries. We really enjoyed our stay at this cottage!

Jul 4, 2017
Thank you for your kind words! I am so happy that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you stay with us again!! :)
Tunde
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing