“Super place to stay, relax and eat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Harbour
Wildflowers Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Rocky Harbour B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I made our first trip together to the Canadian Maritime Provinces, staying at B&B's almost exclusively. Wild Flowers was among the top three B&B's we stayed at, and all of the others were good, thanks to help from Trip Advisor. Our hosts were welcoming and provided us with great breakfasts and comfortable quarters.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jon L
There are newer reviews for Wildflowers Country Inn

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Rob and Lisa are friendly and accommodating hosts. I stayed in room #1 for 2 nights before heading up to L'Anse aux Meadows, and then another evening upon my return. The room is on the second floor, has a view of the bay, and is spacious, clean, and comfortable. Although, I am an early riser and would miss breakfast 2 out of the 3 mornings I stayed, my hosts left me a muffin, granola bars, water, and fruit to take with me. When I did stay for breakfast, it was well-prepared and better than most than I find at B&Bs.

Overall, this is the best value in the Rocky Harbour area for the quality of service and accommodations. If you're visiting the Gros Morne area, I can't recommend a better place to make a home-base for exploration.

Room Tip: Room #1 overlooks the bay
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Don N
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Nice, clean, friendly hosts. Well worth the very good price. Breakfast was good and the views fantastic. We highly recommend a stay if you are in Rocky Harbour.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martin B
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed here at the beginning of May for 2 nights, prior to the holiday season starting.

The bedrooms are very comfortable and well equipped. My bedroom had a King bed with super comfortable bedding and mattress. The whole room was spotlessly clean and the bathroom was not only clean but looked as if it had just been fitted.

Breakfasts were excellent, and I was extremely impressed that we got breakfast on the second morning as we had a very early start. This helpful attitude was reflected throughout our stay, including coffee when we arrived each afternoon.

Just read the other reports and you will get a feel for how good the Wild Flowers is. It is definitely worth paying a bit extra for, especially when you see the condition of some of the other B+B/hotel properties in the area.

Book in advance - if you don't you will struggle to get a room during the holiday season. If you do get a room you will certainly be happy with this B+B.

Room Tip: Book in advance - the King suite on the first floor is super roomy and looks out over the harbour.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank pzfus
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Wild Flowers B & B was beautiful and oh, so comfortable. We were drawn in by the nice porch out front where we sat and sipped wine, listening to the night sounds of early May. The room we had was so comfortable, had lovely wood floors and wood walls and just beyond the hall had a nice shared sitting room that looked out on to the water. The entire place was beautiful and homey, with warm wood interior. The breakfast was great--eggs benedict--and fresh fruit. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The owners were very friendly and accommodating, made us feel very welcome. Owner also suggested a place to eat--where we had lobster dinner and very enjoyable evening. Great place and we will stay again next time we're in Newfoundland!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked great. We got to choose which one we wanted, as we were the only guests that n...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karen W
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Yes, we had Eggs Benedict for breakfast. There were other choices as well, though. The Wild Flowers B&B is extremely comfortable and clean. Our room had a very nice view of the bay. And there are many, many flowers. Just a beautiful place. Not only that, it is only a few steps from Jack's Java Restaurant which is really super.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank retiredinmendocino
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Smiling welcome and wave from owner as I arrived later in day. Spacious, tastefully maintained to provide quality, character and warmth. Wood floors shining, decor creative with cozey, 'family' feel. View of harbour alluring. Recommendations for places to eat, locally and things to do. Large dining area drawing mix of travellers, interesting origins. There's an efficiency cottage too but the front room I had with large bathroom next to quiet den available to all, was all I needed. Many comforts considered in den: choice of books and magazines, table to sit and enjoy beverage. Small fridge. Delicious full breakfast, even Eggs Benedict (oh my!). Lovely launch 'pad' for hiking in Gros Morne, walking the coast and driving. Near Deer Lake (45 mins) but far enough away to enjoy the fishing village atmosphere. Enjoyed thoroughly.

Room Tip: Front top room had great view, quiet and cozy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
SeaBreeze Bed and Breakfast
Sugar Hill Inn
Sugar Hill Inn
#2 of 4 in Norris Point

Been to Wildflowers Country Inn? Share your experiences!