“4-star? Not really.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Candlelight B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Harbour
Candlelight B & B
Ranked #1 of 10 Rocky Harbour B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“4-star? Not really.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

On paper this appears to b e a four star b&b, but the owners seem to have forgotten the basics. Ceramic tiling, wood floors and modern/elegant furniture all add a four star touch that puts this b&b above the other places you can stay out here. The basics that are missing however are clean sheets (be prepared for pilled sheets with nasty stains), general cleanliness (I suggest bringing a swiffer to make your stay more comfortable and antihistamines if dust bothers you), and mismatched decor. It will leave you wondering whether you are staying in a fifties style doll house or a modern boutique motel. If porcelain dolls aren't your thing, neither is this b&b. And, as someone else on this forum pointed out here, there is a very odd feeling to this place that you can't quite put your finger on. Perhaps it is the bedrooms overlooking the cemetery or the complete disjointedness and layout of the entire place. Either way, your money is best spent elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank birdwatcher24

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

Candlelight Inn B&B was one of the best bed & breakfast we ever stayed in. The rooms were exceptionally decorated & very clean. The beds & bedding were very comfortable. The Breakfast was excellent and the host very nice and welcoming! Would recommend this B&B to everyone!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Ottawa ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

Worst 4 star??? B & B I stayed in in NFLD. During our 2 week stay we stayed at 4 star B & B's and all were excellent except for Candelight Inn and B & B... should not be a 4 star at all! Would definitely not recommend this to my friends.

Room was not clean...had to dust the room before settling in. The sheets were stained with bleach and did not smell clean. The towels were ragged and there was no bath mat. When we asked for an extra hand towel...we never got it!

Decor was not well finished. The kitchen had an offensive odor. The premises did not feel clean at all.

Breakfast was awful! The hot choice was eggs (fried) or pancakes, and not on the same morning! No fresh fruit cup only OLD FRUIT (such as apples, bananas, oranges) in a bowl! I am lactose intolerant and he did not accommodate my dietary requirement, as a matter of fact he said that I would probably have to cook my breakfast myself..I reminded him that I was at a 4 star accommodation and that the other 4 star B & B's I was staying in accommodated my dietary requirments no problem. I had to purchase my on Lactose Free milk and he did not offer to reimburse the cost...I left it there for his use.

The owner was very nice, no question about it, but the 4 star rating for this B & B is outrageous....should be a 3 star at the most!!!!

1 Thank Tourtes
Shallow Bay Motel & Cabins
Neddies Harbour Inn
Neddies Harbour Inn
#1 of 4 in Norris Point

Been to Candlelight B & B? Share your experiences!