Well, we decided to try something different at Terra Nova this Summer for a 5 day visit and Fall for a three day stay. We booked a chalet through the lodge instead of the Hotel and what a great choice it was. There we several of us to share the cost and it was pricier than the hotel, but you know what they say, you get what you pay for. $300 a night put us in a beautiful large private home with air conditioning, hardwood floors, full kitchen, patio with BBQ, 42" flat screen TV with 100 channels, extra bathrooms, comfortable beds, washer/dryer combo and even a dish washer. It was great. Very quiet and clean. Only a short 2 minute walk to the hotel pro shop, bar and pool area.
The golf course has made a wonderful recovery from the harsh winter and disappointing Spring conditions. They hosted the Provicial Amateur Championships in July and the course was in great condition, and the best news is that it stayed that way right through the rest of Summer and Fall. I was very impressed by the shape of the fairways and greens. Of course the beautiful vistas and the layout of the course always impress. The bunkers still need to be improved but they are getting there. The weather was perfect during both visits.
We did try the dining room at the Hotel on our most recent trip and the food was okay... and the service was very friendly.
The golf staff are great fun, full of small town charm and smiling faces.
By far the best course on the Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Port Blandford, Newfoundland and Labrador, on the shores of Clode Sound, Bonavista Bay, our Resort is just a 2-hour drive from St. John’s. Our 220-acre oceanfront property is situated between the Discovery Trail and the Kittiwake Coast, providing the perfect location for exploring our province’s cultural and natural treasures. Whale watching, sea kayaking, hiking, professional theatre, and historical sites of Trinity and Bonavista are all nearby to add to your Newfoundland vacation. The Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community has 80 rooms and suites, along with 7 fully-furnished 2 and 3 bedroom Chalets. The Clode Sound Dinning Room and Mulligan’s Pub, along with the diverse conference facilities, make Terra Nova Resort the perfect Golf, Family Vacation or Convention destination. Golf at Terra Nova is a must! With the award-winning 18-hole Twin Rivers golf course and the relaxing 9-hole Eagle Creek, Terra Nova Resort has a golf experience for all levels of interest and skill! Besides golf, our guests can enjoy a swim in our enclosed outdoor pool (our retractable enclosure allows for all weather year round enjoyment), a dip in our hot tub to relax at the end of a day on the course, a steam room, sauna, fitness centre, and tennis & basketball courts. Whether you are on the course or hiking the network of trails, the dramatic, rugged beauty of the forest, rivers, and ocean is all here for you to enjoy. Live. Stay. Play. Naturally. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terra Nova Golf Hotel Port Blandford
- Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community Port Blandford, Newfoundland