Stayed here during customer appreciation week but did not feel the appreciation!
The website itself is misleading, an efficiency suite does not look as the pictures or the description show....unless you are in a newly refurbished part of the building it seems....yet nothing to indicate otherwise on the site. Room very outdated in terms of furnishings, paint peeling from ceilings, bathroom fixtures not in good shape, bathroom faucet came on full speed on hot nearly burning my child's hand. We were in a non smoking room but could smell smoke either from someone before us or in an adjacent room/ across the hall. Terrible.Pool area was ok, the kids enjoyed that but no towels available, we were asked to take them from our room and they would be replaced in the evening when someone came on duty...no coffee or shampoo in the room either and housekeeping staff not working until 8 pm we were told.
Upon checkout we were given our driving range ticket.....would have been nice to have gotten that when we checked in so that we could have used it! It seemed a chore to be served and checked out.
Meals much overpriced...we ordered from the pub and paid $35 for some nachos (if you could call a handful of cheese and tomatoes nachos), fries and onion rings.
Needs much improvement before we will ever return here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Port Blandford, Newfoundland and Labrador, on the shores of Clode Sound, Bonavista Bay, our Resort is just a 2-hour drive from St. John’s. Our 220-acre oceanfront property is situated between the Discovery Trail and the Kittiwake Coast, providing the perfect location for exploring our province’s cultural and natural treasures. Whale watching, sea kayaking, hiking, professional theatre, and historical sites of Trinity and Bonavista are all nearby to add to your Newfoundland vacation. The Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community has 80 rooms and suites, along with 7 fully-furnished 2 and 3 bedroom Chalets. The Clode Sound Dinning Room and Mulligan’s Pub, along with the diverse conference facilities, make Terra Nova Resort the perfect Golf, Family Vacation or Convention destination. Golf at Terra Nova is a must! With the award-winning 18-hole Twin Rivers golf course and the relaxing 9-hole Eagle Creek, Terra Nova Resort has a golf experience for all levels of interest and skill! Besides golf, our guests can enjoy a swim in our enclosed outdoor pool (our retractable enclosure allows for all weather year round enjoyment), a dip in our hot tub to relax at the end of a day on the course, a steam room, sauna, fitness centre, and tennis & basketball courts. Whether you are on the course or hiking the network of trails, the dramatic, rugged beauty of the forest, rivers, and ocean is all here for you to enjoy. Live. Stay. Play. Naturally. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terra Nova Golf Hotel Port Blandford
- Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community Port Blandford, Newfoundland