“Loved our stay”
Review of Shark Cove Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port aux Basques
Shark Cove Suites
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I would definately recommend the 3 bedroom suite at the Shark Cove Suites to anyone looking for accomodation in Port aux Basques. This is a gem! Our party of five needed a place to stay for the night.. It was late when we arrived in Port-aux Basques, and we were all exhausted. We called the Shark Cove Suites to enquire if they had any accomodations to sleep 5 people (we needed 3 bedrooms) . We were informed that they did have a 3 bedroom suite. The suite was spacious, clean and well furnished. All the rooms were lovely! We found our unit very clean and well stocked with towels, etc. The kitchen had everything you would need to cook with etc. They even had a perk....with complimentary coffee! YES! The bathroom had a claw foot tub and a separate ceramic shower. There were five of us staying overnight: myself, husband, teenage daughter as well as my parents (seniors). We all loved it! The price was VERY reasonable! We only stayed 1 night but would have loved to have stayed longer. We travelled from one end of NFLD to the other during our vacation there, but did not find a place we liked as well or that was as affordable. The proprietor was very friendly. We forgot a cord for our computer in the room and upon our return to Port-aux-Basques the owner met us to return it to us. These are lovely people and the accommodation was lovely as well!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane G
There are newer reviews for Shark Cove Suites

Reviewed July 14, 2010

We were looking for a place to spend the night before catching the early ferry the next morning. Shark Cove Suites proved to be the perfect spot. The interior has been completely renovated, with new appliances, including a full kitchen so we could cook for ourselves. Roomy and close to the ferry, I'd recommend this to anyone. Port aux Basques can be a confusing place to find your way around, particularly in dense fog, but a series of shark-shaped signs on power poles make Shark Cove Suites easy to find!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jeffHalifax
Reviewed December 11, 2008

We thought Shark's Cove was great. It does depend what you're looking for of course but it's very inexpensive. The suite was extremely large and well equipped (not fancy but perfectly clean and tons of space). It was very quiet, the only sound being the fog horn and the waves breaking on the shore. The owners were friendly and helpful. It looks a little bit run down from outside but we thought that was atmospheric and vastly preferred it to some nondescript place like the Holiday Inn - which would cost twice as much for a single room instead of a suite.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tuckamore
Reviewed August 15, 2007

Ok, I can understand why one would be put off by the office--the door's rotten and there's no light inside. When we arrived, we wrere a bit nervous about staying there. But the room--a suite really--was large, clean, and well-maintained. The warehouse across the street (same owner as the motel) had fine crafts at great prices. The owner hopes to have a dinner theater going soon. The room is only 5 minutes from the ferry and cost only $55. Moreover, it even comes with a spooky old cemetery in a bog across the parking lot. Give it a shot; support what seems to be a promising undertaking.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Batavicus
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I guess it depends on what you are looking for...our family of five travels to eastern Newfoundland each summer. It's an 8 hour drive to our destination, so we are greatful when we get off the ferry in Port aux Basques to have comfortable lodging for the night...Granted, Shark Cove Suites is not 5 star accomodation, but I definitely would not characterize it as run down, or dirty. Our kids enjoy biking in the ample space around the inn, and long walks around this community with wonderful Newfoundland character. The staff are pleasant and helpful. There's a very interesting art collection (for sale) in the office space. The price is affordable for a family travelling on a budget. Overall, a very positive accomodation experience.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank j0yfuln0ise
Reviewed July 31, 2006

I recently made reservations at Shark Cove Suites in Port-aux-Basques. Canada Select gave it a rating of 2 1/2 stars. I wasn't expecting anything special, but didn't expect what I saw when I drove up to the place. It looked pretty run down. When I went into the office, it was so disgustingly dirty I was afraid of the place. There was a telephone with a note telling me to call a number if no one was there, which I did. I was directed across the street to another office in a warehouse. I asked the woman to see the place before I paid for it. It smelled pretty bad, the carpeting was quite dirty. I told the woman I could not stay there. Try St. Christopher's instead, it was nice!

16  Thank maggiemae88