“Road Trip”
Review of Broken Bell Inn

Broken Bell Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Napoleon
Broken Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Napoleon B&B and Inns
Silverdale
“Road Trip”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Planned this trip with my sister and her husband to visit my oldest sister in Hazelton who unfortunately passed away before our trip, it ended up being a memorial and my whole family either flew or drove in. We rented all 5 cabins. There were all very well appointed and very comfortable. They had front porches and anyone who drove by would wave. The quilts and decorations were very nice. The shower was a little small but the bathroom was nice. All rooms had an air conditioner which was needed. I would recommend these places to anyone. The owner was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Amherst, Virginia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was my third visit to Napoleon, North Dakota; my second with an overnight stay. The Broken Bell Inn (referring to the Liberty Bell) will be one of the reasons I will continue to visit this nice little town in south-central North Dakota. They only have a few rooms (six at the most) but each is very nice. They remind me of Scandinavian log cabins (which they might be). Clean, quiet and close to "downtown". From here one can easily visit the two historical things worth seeing in Napoleon, their museum and the "Dinosaurs of the Prairie" exhibit; actually a privately owned collection of thrashers spread out along a hillside just east of town. My room included a small kitchenette with sink, fridge and microwave. The room also had a flat screen TV with cable and free Wifi.

Room Tip: Descriptions of each room are on their website and their brochure. You choose, based on your specif...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reading, UK
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We drove 600 odd miles from Oakley Kansas and only needed this place as a stop over before continuing north the next day. We spoke to the owners who made sure the cabin was ready for us that evening and it was perfect. Very clean, small but well laid out and very cute. There was air conditioning (thankfully!) and a well appointed bathroom. the bed was comfortable and the shared kitchen was a bonus we weren't expecting (shared with the next door room but the door locked with a key).

This place exceeded all my expectations and the town itself was lively and fun for a night before moving off. The local bar / restaurant felt more like it was in the Australian outback than North Dakota but I recommend their steak!

The best thing about this little gem? $39 for the night and you just can't beat that. If I was even in the area again I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: The only room for 2 was small but big enough. if you're a couple you don't need to pay more...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Overnight while doing business in the area, we found the Broken Bell Inn well suited to the independent traveler. It comprises just a few timber-style cabins on the E side of Hwy 3. Interior configurations of the cabins vary; we stayed in #2 and found it right for our needs. The cabins are clean and include access to a kitchenette, so you can make coffee in the morning (although Reuben's, on Main, opens at 6am). A nice town for a stroll. If you get peckish, you can walk a couple of blocks south to the Dairy Maid drive-in. There is no office for the BBI, but the owners live nearby and will come over to take care of business. We found the place through its web page - thebrokenbellinn.com

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Isern1952

Been to Broken Bell Inn? Share your experiences!