“A gem in Southeast Newfoundland”
Review of Spanish Room Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marystown
Spanish Room Manor
Ranked #1 of 4 Marystown B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This growing bed and breakfast is certainly going to change the ratings in this category; not only that the property is brilliant (built by the couple who own it and it will put any 5-star hotel in to shame), scenery (trees, sea, islets) and the sounds (none really, just the birds) and the wonderful host and hostess (plus the little C) make a compelling reason to come back; if not for busiess, just for the heck of it. The bright, clever owners will pronounce your name as soon as you walk in to the house, perfectly well (many 5-star hotel receptionists have failed to do so and they were never blamed for it as my name is rather unique).

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Yuksel

Reviewed February 4, 2010

I stayed at the manor for three days and there are no words that can describe this beautiful Victorian B & B. There is a sauna, a gym, suites include jacuzzi. The hosts Randell and Claudine are truly the friendliest individuals you will ever have the privilege of meeting. And who could forget, their little man, Carter who will always greet you with a smile!! The breakfast was delicious, the view unforgettable!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank aurora999
Reviewed October 26, 2009

I don't know where to start - I was going to start with the best part, but everything is the best part! From the time I called, and was given terrific directions on finding the B&B, a choice of rooms that all sounded incredible to my arrival and viewing of a room fit for a queen, my experience was wonderful! I wasn't sure what to expect when I called, as I've stayed at B&Bs that range from basicaly just a room in someone's house without TV and sharing their family bathroom to luxury accommodations with jacuzzi and fireplace. The Spanish Room rates at the top of the list - calling it a B&B just doesn't seem to describe the elegance, the purpose-built home and the exquisite furnishings.

As you would expect from a B&B, the hospitality was terrific, and it was more like staying with friends than staying as "just another guest" in a hotel. That's where my comparisons to other B&Bs ends. I stayed in the Hibernia Room, with a big soaker tub, separate stand-up shower, King bed, digital TV and DVD player, mini-fridge and amazing view. The linens were expensive - high quality egyptian cotton (I checked the label) and the towels were thick and luxurious. The floors were tile, the double vanity granite and the chandelier elegant. A curved staircase leads downstairs. In the kitchen, I was served with china and crystal, and upon my arrival after suppertime, a hot cup of tea and mint pie. After the best night's sleep during my week on the road, breakfast was cooked to order at my preferred time, and it was a full breakfast! Bacon and eggs with homemade toast, fresh fruit salad and yogurt, an assortment of preserves and of course, tea, coffee and juice.

I didn't have time to explore the exercise room and sauna, or to soak in the tub, but I'll be back to try them out! If you're travelling down the Burin Peninsula, be sure to call ahead for a reservation at the Spanish Room.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank NSgal
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We recently stayed at the Spanish Room Manor while in the area for the wedding of friends. It is difficult to find enough compliments to describe how wonderful our experience was while staying there. First of all, the B&B itself is stunningly beautiful, the owners have put an immense amount of thought and consideration into designing and decorating it top to bottom. You would be hard pressed to find another B&B anywhere better appointed. The view from the B&B is breathtaking, it is located only minutes off the highway and looks out over a gorgeous view of Mortier Bay.

The best part about the Spanish Room Manor, however is the service and the hospitality of the owners. It is not simply "another beautiful hotel/b&b". From the moment we arrived, the owners were extremely friendly, they made us feel completely comfortable and at home. We were treated not like mere guests, but rather like friends. We were given free run of the entire place, and we were free to come and go, eat/drink/enjoy/etc as we pleased, even when the owners were away for the afternoon.

The rooms are all different, each having a unique theme of its own. All rooms (we were given a tour) are beautifully appointed with top-quality eqyptian cotton beddings, linens, etc. We found the B&B to be very quiet and cozy, and we slept extremely well, despite the fact all rooms were fully booked for the weekend we stayed there.

The B&B has more facilities than we expected, including a very well equipped fitness room and a sauna. A delicious hot breakfast was prepared for us at the time of our choosing, including bacon/eggs/wheat toast/yogurt/coffee/tea/fruit/etc.

The Spanish Room Manor Bed & Breakfast is a fantastic choice of accomodation for any trip through the Marystown area. We felt the rates were very reasonable considering the quality of comfort and service offered. We highly recommend a stay here to anyone and look forward to staying there again ourselves in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank nfdblj24
Reviewed August 14, 2009

This charming inn has fabulous decoration, superb amenities and stunning views. But more than that, we were greeted like long-awaited friends (better than royalty). This is THE place to stay in Newfoundland... Absolutely a must.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SirCaramel
Reviewed July 22, 2009

The best place. This should of been a 10 star with all the hospitality and fantastic scenery. I travell all over the world and this has got to be the best. I woulod recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank MaxineSingapore
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Our stay at Spanish Room Manor was full of comfort, elegance, and warm hospitality. Our hosts made sure we had everything we needed or wanted, and our room was beautiful, bed was comfortable, and the view incredible. Breakfast was cooked to order at any time we chose, and our hosts made sure we could experience some authentic Newfoundland cuisine by fixing us a Jigg's Dinner one night. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Melija

Been to Spanish Room Manor? Share your experiences!