“Best kept secret”
Review of Spanish Room Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marystown
Spanish Room Manor
Ranked #1 of 4 Marystown B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The decor and atmosphere was second to none. We were told upon our arrivial to consider the house as ours, which we did with ease. We stayed in the highest room overlooking the Bay. The view was spectacular! The Egyptian cotton sheets were complimented by a fluffy white duvet and laced trimmed pillow covers. The feel was truly spanish with the many furnishings in the room. The breakfast was traditional, as well as, delicious! The best thing is that they are expanding and building a second building of even more grandeur. Loved it so much we are going back in 3 weeks.
Linda and Terri-Lee

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda C
There are newer reviews for Spanish Room Manor

Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed in an upper level room - fabulously furnished, comfortable, quiet, beautiful view of the harbour. Location is perfect , away from the main road yet close to town. Breakfast food choices are excellent and always served with a smile! My warm & welcoming stay with Randall and Claudine was truly a 'coming home' experience. I will be staying with them during my next visit!

Room Tip: cozy, very clean and comfortable, beautifully decorated
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank roseilfj
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed at the Spanish Manor in NL while on business. This was truly the best place I have ever stayed in my life! I have traveled extensively, nationally and internationally, and I have to stay the Spanish Manor was like none other. The Priors are a lovely couple, who couldn't be more welcoming. Very quickly they make you feel right at home with their warm manner and obliging nature. Randall is a real cut up and it is like talking to an old friend. The rooms are exquisite and yet so homey. I actually was lulled into feeling like I was in my own bedroom, and slept like a baby. The breakfast was delicious and left nothing to the imagination. My only regret was I only needed to stay 1 night, and don't know when I will be back in Burin, but I guarantee, I will stay at the Spanish Manor. It is worth a trip to Burin just to stay in this truly delightful, comfortable and beautiful B&B.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank mandymcnurse
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I have no hesitation in rating this a "five star +++++++" bed and breakfast. This was our fourth visit to this beautiful home. From the time we arrived until we departed, we were treated with the utmost kindness and generosity of spirit. The owners, Claudine and Randall, and their little son, Carter, always go out of their way to make sure we are welcome and comfortable in their beautiful home. The breakfasts they personally serve every morning are a wonderful way to start the day - many varieties of home-made breads and muffins, freshly squeezed juices, fruits of all kinds, eggs any way you wish, and your choice of breakfast meats. No restaurant outshines their offerings.

All of the rooms in this beautiful home are decorated with exquisite attention to detail. Claudine has a keen eye for decorating and has created a special ambiance in every room in their home with magnificent furniture, sumptuous down duvets, the highest quality cotton sheets, and pieces selected to match the theme of the room. Special touches, such as choosing the names of the surrounding towns to grace each bedroom door, are found throughout the entire home. Beautifully framed pictures specially selected to represent the history of the area are another nice touch.

We awoke every morning to a view from our very large window of beautiful Mortier Bay - small boats passing through the harbour, native birds flying around the shore and plenty of wildlife in the waters just off the shore.

We would have no hesitation in recommending this "home away from home" to anyone travelling in this area. We will be back again! Thank you Claudine, Randall and Carter.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christmasgirl12345
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I also stayed here in June while working in the area. It is always hard to find an acceptable place to stay right in Marystown,NL (cannot recommend the Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre) so I ventured out of town a bit for this trip and tried a B&B. I am happy to have found this gem located in Spanish Room just outside of town (on the Trans Canada side). A newer house obviously built as a B&B with all the modern conveniences. There is a fitness room, a large room for watching TV (if so inclined) but better yet, a deck which overlooks the water. I think most rooms look out over the water too – mine did. It was a wonderful room at the top of the house, tucked under the eves. Much like a loft – finished in natural wood, very private and quiet. The view and fresh air breeze was incredible (anyone using the Jacuzzi tub would want to close the blind a bit). The stairs up are a bit steep so I would not recommend this for older visitors or anyone with any mobility issues but other suitable rooms are available.
The hosts are Randell, Claudine, and young son Carter. From the moment I arrived I felt like family. Even met the neighbor and shared some interesting conversation on the veranda at night. A great sleep and then Randell rustled up a fantastic breakfast the next day.
Note – the only downside I could find regarding this location is that you must travel a bit back to town (10 minutes) to restaurants for supper. Also, I found not too many choices in Marystown for food. The short trip was no problem for me (and well worth the peace and quiet) but I know some travelers prefer not to have to do that.
This is definitely a place I will stay again and would recommend it to travelers who are in for a night or a couple of days as they tour the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank maritimedreamer
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This growing bed and breakfast is certainly going to change the ratings in this category; not only that the property is brilliant (built by the couple who own it and it will put any 5-star hotel in to shame), scenery (trees, sea, islets) and the sounds (none really, just the birds) and the wonderful host and hostess (plus the little C) make a compelling reason to come back; if not for busiess, just for the heck of it. The bright, clever owners will pronounce your name as soon as you walk in to the house, perfectly well (many 5-star hotel receptionists have failed to do so and they were never blamed for it as my name is rather unique).

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Yuksel
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I stayed at the manor for three days and there are no words that can describe this beautiful Victorian B & B. There is a sauna, a gym, suites include jacuzzi. The hosts Randell and Claudine are truly the friendliest individuals you will ever have the privilege of meeting. And who could forget, their little man, Carter who will always greet you with a smile!! The breakfast was delicious, the view unforgettable!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank aurora999

Been to Spanish Room Manor? Share your experiences!