“Fantastic Staff and Scenery”

The Wilds at Salmonier River
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Holyrood
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wilds Golf Resort is a beautiful getaway just 30 minutes outside the Capital city: St.John's. We have a 3.5 star hotel with 39 rooms, Executive Chalet with 3 bedrooms & lots of privacy. We have 4 star villas overlooking our signature 18 hole golf course. we have 40 unit RV park & specialize in Weddings & corporate retreats.We have a large deck on back of the hotel & heated swimming pool that overlooks our 18th hole. It is a piece of heaven on the World famous Irish Loop with tons of things for travelers to do. We have a restaurant, Private dinning room & fully serviced bar with pool table & shuffle board.
Reviewed June 12, 2012

What a day with Maureen, Gerline, Linda,Mary ,Stella and the kitchen staff. Their hospitality was as breathtaking as the scenery!!!!! Thanks for a great day at the wilds.

Teachers of Holy Family Elem
Paradise

1  Thank Alec T
There are newer reviews for The Wilds at Salmonier River

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This was the first time I've stayed at the Wilds in about 10 years. While it does still have a lot of charm it could use a face lift. It is a wood construction and is showing its age with creaky floors. The mattress in the room I stayed in is past its best before date but the bed was still fairly comfortable. Even when I stayed there when it was first built, I found it a noisy building. The walls are thin and you can hear noises in the adjoining rooms and from the hallway so I would not recommend for light sleepers. The food is excellent and the staff are first rate; friendly, courteous, professional, and very willing to help you out. The course is pretty good; challenging and lon g but with great scenery.

3  Thank C W
NewfoundlandWilds, General Manager at The Wilds at Salmonier River, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a response, you are correct in saying our walls are not 100% soundproof but we are working every year to improve on it. Every year we put Hundreds of thousands back into the resort in upkeep & renovations. We just put in 15 new 4 star villa's that are 100% soundproof & have 2 full-time carpenters to bring this resort to a new level. every year we renovate hotels rooms & paint every hall-way & baseboard. so in response to your review we have identified some areas & are working to correct any problems so you & other guests will have a positive experience. As for the course the feedback that we get is amazing, We were voted best course on the Avalon & we work hard every year to become the best course on the Island. your comment about great staff hits home for me, most staff are like family members & work hard with the same goal in giving our guests a positive experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Nice hotel with a golf course for those who play. It has some great views of the nearby river.

NewfoundlandWilds, General Manager at The Wilds at Salmonier River, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

I really appreciate it when people take time to write a response, I am glad you enjoyed the course & yes we have beautiful rivers & waterfalls on the course. Hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Bring your driver, its a long one, course management is the name of the game here. Beautiful course getting nicer every year as it matures. Keep an eye out for the wildlife not uncommon to see moose, fox, owls etc. I love this course.

2  Thank Clarke61

I really appreciate you taking the time to tell others about our course & our great management team. The moose, fox & other wildlife is plentiful here & we still enjoy watching as much as a tourist or visitor. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us & hope to see you back again

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Not a bad spot. they look after the course well, but a lot of better ones around.

I appreciate you taking the time & writing a review, I am glad you enjoyed the course & fell we take care of it. As for better course around there certainly are 2. We placed 3rd place for top course on Island by a golf publication, there are a lot of beautiful courses in NL & I hope you get a chance to play them all. Hope to see you out playing again soon