“Stay at Rothesay!”

Rothesay House Heritage Inn Bed & Breakfast
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Stay at Rothesay!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ladies from Niagara....George & Chef Lynn are amazing hosts. Stayed 1 night in June 2012 and enjoyed a great 3-course dinner, excellent accommodation and a lovely front porch with a view of the water. They have a wonderful garden and we saw a whale in the harbour, too. Great travel tips...have a stay at Rothesay. We met other guests at breakfast and ran into them at Gros Morne, too.

Room Tip: Had a nice 2 bed option for pals to share a room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CEL5859

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Tularosa, New Mexico
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My niece and I loved our visit at Rothesay House. How relaxing to sit on the porch and chat with a glass of wine while watching the boats and gulls on the bay across the street! Fabulous breakfasts and dinner. I didn't think I'd enjoy eating with complete strangers, but the other guests were so delightful and such fun! The room was small but very quiet and comfortable; it was like staying at a friend's house. I hope to return someday and stay longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bayfield, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A beautiful home with friendly and knowledgeable hosts. Breakfast was gourmet and you can choose to include an incredible dinner to your stay. Great conversation in the evening. Lots of advise about what to do in the area. We had a great time here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Elora, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2012

There are not enough positive superlatives to describe the Rothesay Inn experience. George and Lynn make you feel like family right away as they emphasize that their house is "your house"'. Lynn is a gourmet cook and breakfasts are unbelievably good. In addition to these fantastic breakfasts, you can also add gourmet dinners. George is a real student of history and makes sure that you can find all the areas which are of interest to you. My wife and I spent five nights as Lynn's and George's guests and it was an extremely enjoyable experience. If there was six star rating, Rothesay Inn would easily qualify.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wayne H
Parksville, BC, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The owners are amazing! I didn't have a car, so George drove me all around the area for several hours to show me other towns and gorgeous scenery. Lynn's cooking is also incredibly gourmet, and I was treated like family and given a free dinner the first night I was there.
The decor is straight out of a magazine, because Lynn is a professional interior decorator. My bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby.
Some other guests gave me a ride back to St. John's after my two-night stay, but Lynn would have driven me back if necessary. Wow!
Crissa

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Crissa C
madoc
Reviewed July 18, 2012

John and I returned to Newfoundland to do more filming and photography around the Avalon Peninsula in June, and Rothesay House was the perfect B&B. George not only marked up our map every day with places to see and film, he also guided around such charming sites as Brigis village just to make sure we saw it from the best vantage points. His knowledge, and love, of the area - with its colourful history - was a bonus to our stay, and to our filming. He and Lynn were, indeed, the perfect hosts. We enjoyed our stay, the house, the garden, the splendid food, the scenery, and the company. For film makers, it was the perfect location!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Janet F
London, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Rothesay House during our honeymoon, and it was a highlight of our trip. The owners instantly made us feel comfortable and at home, the place was immaculately kept with beautiful decor, and the food (both breakfast AND dinner) was simply gourmet. I can't recommend the place - a home away from home.

Thanks for a perfect stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Carbonear
Silverwood Inn Hotel
Silverwood Inn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bay Roberts

Been to Rothesay House Heritage Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!