“Family dinner”

Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Eastport
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
“Family dinner”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was there on holiday's in Sept, my husband and I took my mother and grandmother out for dinner, we all had different dinners, they were all excellent, I would recommend this restaurant to everyone, the service was excellent as were the prices and the food. We will defiantly be going back, Thanks to Brenda and Chuck the wonderful owners. :)

• Visited September 2013

Newfoundland, Canada
“Not up to par”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I had lunch there over the weekend. The restaurant is tastefully decorated with table cloths and paintings. although a little dark with shallow lighting. I ordered a hamburger and fries as the waitress stated they made their own patties. The burger was overcooked with a taste of frozen meat. The fries were actually wedgies and although they were fresh and hand cut they were not fully cooked. I had an iced tea that was make from a mix and was so sweet, as if too much mix was used, that I couldn't drink it. My husband asked for a decafe coffee and was told that it was instant and not fresh brewed. I can't believe that restaurants are still serving instant coffee. Some other diners I noticed ordered soft drinks and were served cans and not glasses with ice. This somehow does not fit in with tablecloths and fine dining. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. Nothing extra to brag about. I would have to think twice about going again.

• Visited August 2013
Chapel's Cove
“Great little spot to eat!!!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spotted on our way back to Pinetree lodge and cabins for a bite to eat. We both had the fish and chips and it was very tasty!!!!! Great service!!!! :)

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great burgers!!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stopped in after a scenic drive. The deluxe burger and fries really hit the spot. Great service. The decor is dated and could use a spruce up. A restaurant I recommend trying.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Keipar
“Horrible service!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have been coming to this town almost every year since I was a little girl and have eaten at this restaurant many times. The service has never been great but this time took the cake! During our meal the waitress was rude and never once acknowledged a thank you, 'your welcome' would suffice. After we were finished my father went to the counter to pay and assumed we would leave a tip on the table. He forgot to tell us this and went out to the car. As we were leaving the waitress yelled 'bunch of cheaps' at my mother, my son, and myself. Keep in mind we thought my father had already left a tip so we had no idea why she said that. It was a HUGE misunderstanding as we would never leave a restaurant without leaving a tip no matter how bad the service. I am now so glad we didn't leave one as her true colors obviously showed through and she didn't deserve one anyways! We will never go back and will spread the word to our MANY family members that live in and visit this area in the summer months!

3 Thank Dbourne22